Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Cox warbird stock motor blues

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 05:06 PM
hitchx4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cox warbird stock motor blues

Hello All,

Just flew the Cox P-40 Warbird with some modifications such as ailerons, hitec servos, and 3 cell LiPo 380 battery with 10 amp ESC. I had a great first flight (powerful flight). Going into this I knew the 3 cell Lipo is too much juice for the stock brushed motor. I smoked the motor on the 2nd flight. I was hoping to get a few more flights.

Does anyone have any recommendations or have a source on a good "Brushed" motor? Any help would be great!

Tim
Old 01-22-2007, 08:10 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Cox warbird stock motor blues

Tim, not to many, if any brushed motors small enough to fit the Cox birds are going to hold up the that kind of voltage. You'd be further ahead to drop to a 2S pack.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:24 AM
Mohillbilly

Default RE: Cox warbird stock motor blues

Not sure of the prop size of those, but I have heard that some people fit a J-250 in there. They can take a 3 cell on a 4X4 prop, or 5X5 get a little hot. Mine lasted a long time on my wing.

Mo.