Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Stock PZ Spitfire RX to brushless

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Stock PZ Spitfire RX to brushless

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 12:58 AM
AETCBoom4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock PZ Spitfire RX to brushless

This is an FYI to anyone who wants to convert this to brushless.

The stock ZX-10 RX will accept a BL ESC by just plugging it into the throttle port of the rx.

I converted mine tonight and she fired right up with the stock rx recognizing the BL ESC and motor. PZ/HZ has definately got it right with this airframe. I'll give a flight test report in the near future.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:39 PM
Danny.act
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Stock PZ Spitfire RX to brushless

Thanks, keep us informed about Your BL conversion. What motor are You plan to use?
Old 05-01-2007, 09:19 PM
johnpcunningham

Not for the P51. The P51 does not have the same RX. Simply an FYI and observations for those who think the P51 & Spitfire use the same TX & RX.

If you plan on running LIPOs, let the brushless ECS take care of voltage cuttoff. The plane comes default for NiMh. If you plan on using NiMH, you will have to reprogramm the brushless ECS - or early cutoff may occur in the ESC. To reprogram with the stock controller, onnect the ECS servo wire to the RX AFTER power has been applied to the RX. This is because the RX has protection to not spin the motor on power up - if the throttle is not found to be in the idle position. Most ECS want to start programming with the throttle in the "full" position on startup, tehn ce nter, then ful, then center.

Also, the RX uses the brushed motor to make the startup "beeps" that you hear. It uses the brushed motor winding as a resonator to make the sounds. Once you go brushless, you wont hear that anymore but you will hear the one for the ESC that you use. It's beeps are different and unique to the ECS itself.

JC
Old 05-02-2007, 04:59 PM
AETCBoom4

ORIGINAL: Danny.act

Thanks, keep us informed about Your BL conversion. What motor are You plan to use?
AON 2815-3000 (3.2 mm), 20or 40 amp ESC, 32P/12 pinion from traxas and the stock prop.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Danny.act
My Feedback: (9)

Thanks AETCBoom4,

Keep us informed how it performs with this BL upgrade please.
I am curious about the gearbox that it will hold up with the extra BL power.