Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Badius Owners Club III

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Badius Owners Club III

well i didn't buy a pylon racer...yet. i phoned the guy in CA about the cyclon a couple of times but only got an answer machine. i phoned nsp about the snip, as they are supposed to be open on saturday, but their answerphone says they are only open mon-friday. i spoke to my Mum yesterday and she said she'd give me £200 ($400) for my birthday next month, so i spent it at hc on some 9 gram digital karbonite gear servos fo the 2 hyperion 1.2m planes and 2 1m pylon racers on next winter's build pile, plus 10 more gws locators. i've decided i'm gonna get a couple of 50" pylon racers, the snip if i can deal with nsp, and the jibe 2 from soaring USA, who are excellent to deal with. the jibe is used by the UK pyon team.

we have carboard, glass bottles and plastic bottles collected once every 2 weeks and i've got 3 empty 1.8l sake bottles. wow, i'm really cutting down on the beer, but i've put another kilo on[:@]
Old 06-14-2008, 05:47 PM
triboyeric

Doug,

The Snipp looks like a nice plane, but my image of a pylon racer is a Gee bee or something or the sort. If you get it, I want to know how it flies.

Eric
Old 06-14-2008, 07:31 PM
Airbourne in Japan

Eric, the snip is a typical electric pylon racer, very minimal and made from composits to be strong, but from what i've read it actually has a wooden spar in the wing. you can have a look at these at soaring USA who are an excellent company http://www.soaringusa.com/products/s...ategory_id=265 and northeast sailplanes who are a problem to deal with i've found, but have a good selection of pylon racers http://www.nesail.com/categories.php...3823994803dc6a

a typical glow pylon racer is something like this http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMCN4&P=7 i've got 2 but i'm not gonna build them for a while and they'll be electric anyway

by the way, don't hold your breath for a flight report on the snip, it may take me a couple of years to build it
Old 06-14-2008, 10:28 PM
Loubud

Pappy,
I know that your Cannon is a good one. I ust went out after getting a camera case and some other junk and decided to shoot a few pics. Win was well over 10 MPH, probably more like 15 or so and the new technology is amazing. Our old Olympus is about 4 or so years old and compared to the new one is junk. I snapped close ups of roses blowing in the breeze that came out like a windless day. No special settings or anything. I'm in total shock of the quality.

A cool thing was getting a printer for one penny when you but a digital cam. I haven't hooked it up yet but I likey free stuff. Should do photos as well as my Alps tho the Alps prints waterproof.

Bought an office chair so I can roll around in the garage. I was using a regular patio chair. Me likey so far.

And are you telling me you found some real crazy guys in your neck of the woods? Do they have pipe bombs? Invite the whole crowd to GG's. One or two might even show up. Get resumes.

AJ,
A medium air show? That sorta sux. The signatures should be cool to have. Mebee tomorrow will be better. And use a little sun screen this time.

Dougie,
A lot of people have trouble with N.E. Sailplanes. Many times they just take the money and never ship. When called on it, they are very slow to refund. Many of the refunds are through the buyers credit card co as N.E. just won't respond. Do your best to avoid them even tho they don't always screw up.
I like there selection of planes also but won't buy from them. I think being in Japland would make things more difficult for you if something went wrong.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:48 AM
Airbourne in Japan

Lou, i think you're right. i bought a plane as a combo from them about 4 years ago and that was ok apart from being out of stock for a while, but then i ordered a stinger pylon and they made me wait for 3 months and still didn't have it in stock and no information. i got it in Japan in 2 days. they don't even have an email address for customer service, so i think i'll pass on the snip. although it's very cheap for what it is it doesn't come painted and only has a wooden spar although i read it's quite strong. i've got a couple of new English teaching jobs for the next 3-6 months so i'm gonna spash out $500 for a jibe 2, my ultimate pylon racer
Old 06-15-2008, 07:14 AM
Stingray69

King Kong Kitty

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...up/?cl=8295015
Old 06-15-2008, 09:40 AM
CaptainRandy

Lou,

Sounds like you got a winner for a camera. Good luck with it, and have fun.

Oh, the guys were talking about some sort of home made dynamite with gunpowder & moonshine. I can't understand half of what they say. The three that I meant are all excellent flying from what they tell me. They travel all around to big events in a huge trailer. The one guy has his Giant diesel motor home parked at the field for the Summer. The owner lives on top of the hill overlooking the field, and the other guy drove in from Winston-Salem, just to help get things ready. A real good bunch of good old boys. Hope I can keep up with the beer drinking. When I arrived at the field at 9:30am, I had a container of coffee with me. They immediately handed me an ice cold beer. I did what any guy would do. I dropped the container of coffee on the ground, and grabbed the beer, and said thanks Buddy.

This fly in will keep me tied over to the Badius Boys Fly In. I did tell them of our tricks, but they acted like we were newbies, Ha Ha. I can't remember half of what they said, or is it, I couldn't understand half of what they said. Doesn't anyone speak New York anymore.

Anyways, seems like a nice bunch of guys, so should be fun.

Have fun with your new camera.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:42 AM
CaptainRandy

Sray,

Good One. Kitty 1.......Heli 0
Old 06-15-2008, 11:20 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

I think the kitty no likey the heli. I'm getting ready to take out some bigger birds. Looks like the TM, Tex and e-starter. Depending on the wind I may try for another flight later.

Tim
Old 06-15-2008, 11:33 AM
buzzbait00
My Feedback: (2)

Hey Guys!
Im picking up a E-Starter next week and was wondering what to put in it to make it SKOOT!?Motor,prop,esc,3s,ect. stuff I can get from HC or I have 1300 BW,TP 2410 12d and TP 12amp 9g and a 20amp esc.Any ideas?
Old 06-15-2008, 12:07 PM
ktaylor

OK, so I will never fly through Atlanta gain if I have the choice. Trying to fly from charlotte to atlanta, we got put in some holding pattern & then they closed the airport. So from there we had to divert to Greenville South Carolina since our plane was getting low on fuel. Spent 2 hours there, managed to get back in the air & fly to Atlanta, from there my original flight back home was canceled & they had to book me on another flight. So instead of getting home last night at about 7:30, I ended up getting home at almost 11 pm. That was a sucky trip.

In different news, Monday Liz had gone gasmbling with her parents & won $340. She gave me $100 of it for father's day. Cool! I can get more plane stuff. Hmm, I wonder if I can find anyone selling that Ryan PT-20... THat and I still have some of the money that they gave me for food allowance, I think about $100 (I only used about half of what they gave me).

Well, going to go hang with family today.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:26 PM
djnsayne
My Feedback: (2)

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Loubud

Happy Dad's Day.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:17 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

This is a non flight report.[] First up was the e-starter. It's now 4 for 4. But the damage gets less everytime. I'll try this one again.

Next came the TM. It climbed out ok, I started a turn and the plane stopped responding. So a long, slow bank into the ground. The impact was a collapsing cartwheel. I don't know if this one will be rebuilt or not.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49437.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	971091   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81682.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	971092  
Old 06-15-2008, 05:32 PM
Airbourne in Japan

sorry to see you still have electrical gremlins Tim.

seventh week of forcasts for 10-15mph winds (today and tomorrow), but fortunately for me it's calm right now at 7.30am. got up a bit late today, i'm going flying, but haven't had time to pack the stuff in the car. thinking of taking the eflight p47, hellcat, epp 3d blade dancer, hyperion 1m edge and maybe the no wind clever boy plus a couple of others, maybe the 36" lightning wing.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:22 PM
CaptainRandy

Tim,

Sorry about the unplanned landing, but it looks very fixable to me, get out the glue and get busy.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:59 PM
Stingray69

Tim, Sorry bout the TM. I hope it wasn't the Kitty's doing

Good luck flying DOug.

Yes I was bored, yes it's another axis plane, yes, it's a 2 beer paint job. My new 40" SU-27. Ready for tronics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44150.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	971355  
Old 06-15-2008, 08:23 PM
export!

ORIGINAL: CaptainRandy

Oh, the guys were talking about some sort of home made dynamite with gunpowder & moonshine.

Pay attention for once - we need the recipe

I hope you got some pix AJ - sounds like an awesome time. Looking forward to seeing anything you have.

I'm also very interested in pics of flowers blowing in the wind if anyone has any.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Airbourne in Japan

today's flight report, 7 planes, 1 maiden, all came home in one piece. warn and overcast, no wind, this was the perfect conditions for the maiden of the ultralight clever boy. this is my second one, the first one getting blown away on it's 4th flight and crashing 2 years ago. anyway this is the perfect home for my 80 watt model motors mini ac inrunner and it flew great. not as twitchy as i remembered the first one, it's a very nice aerobat. i had a couple of dodgy moments while trying to do inverted due to orientation problems, but luckily it didn't crash. the wing was pretty warped up on one side, but i put a couple of lengths of double sided tape on the wind saddle when i built it and luckily it didn't need much trimming for level flight. i was just bringing it in when i saw something fly off over the threshhold, but it floated 2' up the whole lenght of the runway. i was gonna go around, but when i applied power nothing much happened and it plopped down. when i got to it i found the gws prop had flown off !! lucky it was at the end of the flight.

then the epp 3d profile blade dancer. third flight, now with some lead on the nose after the second flight seemed wildly tail heavy, it was fine today. inverted was a bit difficult so i just had a fun fly with it.

then the eflight p47. i'm aiming to make this more interesting as i feel bored with this. i've had it for a couple of years now, but only flown it about 20 times as it's quite big and takes up a lot of space in the boot. anyway the tp 2070 3s 25c pack fits in nicely, so another 200 watt himax outrunner WOT flier. had fun with it today.

then another excellent flight with the diminutive cox christian eagle. this is an excellent fun aerobat and despite it's small size, very easy to see

this was followed by the lightning 36" wing. probably about 80mph constant on it's het rc 3 turn inrunner and 4s, 450 watts, this now seems slow compared to the tiny sokol pylon racer, but still an adrenaline flier. can't wait to fly the demon 40" wing on 6s and 900 watts, but i've still got to get round to building it.

then the second or third flight of the 900mm hyperion edge. this is an excellent scale aerobat and nicely set up with a hacker a20-20l 210 watt outrunner and apc 9x3.8 slowfly prop, however it twists when looping for some reason, probably due to my build. inverted is interesting, i wasn't pulling over far enough today and it was nose high inverted. plenty of elevator power to putsh upright though. my landing gear mod seems to be working on my 3 hyperion aerobats as it made a nice landing and the gear didn't rip off.

finished off with the third flight of the freewing hellca. the elevator was slightly up on neutral trim and when flying, despite 2oz of flead on the nose it was still tail heavy despite full down trim, the stick needed to be pressed down a lot to prevent nosing up. not really comfortable to fly this way, but anyway i had a good flight with this excellent warbird and added another 1 oz of lead and adjusted the elevator afterwards.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Airbourne in Japan

well as it's been quiet here for the past 3 days, i thought i'd do a rare (for me) double post (i normally just edit the last post). i've got plenty of planes that are coming up for a fly, maiden of the foamy hurricane and catalina, stuka, pc9 and tucano, mini pulse xt, hc yak 54, ultrafly extra, hyperion yak 55, kyosho hien, possible dodgy flight of the sokol pylon, nitromodels zlin, maiden of the art tech decathelon, art tech corsair and mustang, ultrafly mustang, unique epp 3d'er and epp profile me109, yarbirds mig 29 and ultrafly su27 pusher are all screaming out to be flown, plus another bungee d/f jet session. my son is off tomorrow, so no flying then, but wednesday and friday are possible depending on the weather. oh, also the stuka and gp lancair. gonna eat sweat and sour pork Japanese style for lunch today and get a haircut tomorrow
Old 06-15-2008, 11:00 PM
calvino

ok, me scorred, got a "chloroplast' box for like $.50 today, got some good stuff in it, now, what to do with it, ideas
Old 06-15-2008, 11:44 PM
five-string

Gunpowder and 'shine..? SOunds interesting.

Remember, when you fill up the pvc tubes with black powder, less is more. That last one was only 1/3 full....ka-blooey! Hahaha! And don't forget the glow sticks for some electric rain effect. Poopy was the only one with glow juice on his back! Hahahahaha!! He was the only one smart enough to run! What a night.

Still working on getting settled in.

AJ, Hope you had a good second day at the show.

everybody that is gonna make it to the fly-in SUX.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:38 AM
AJ1202

Tim sorry to hear about the ES and TM

Doug nice report

Ken what a crappy return flight, at least your home now

Well the 2nd day was about the same as the first, I did get a little vid and will dl and post later
I got the Iron Eagles to sign the covering for me and talked to them for a bit after the show
They are flying the eagles to NY for a couple shows next weekend

We had to leave the show early as 2 of the explorers from Hinesville fell victom to heat exhaution, so I took my explorers and theirs back to the parking feild while their director went to the hospital with the 2, everyone was OK just a bit overcome by the intence heat we were having.

Just as well, 5 min after we got to the feild a storm rolled in and 5 min after that they shut down the show

SRay what the,,,,,,,, 2 beer paint job,,,,,, are you sure,,,,,looks more like a 12 pack
Old 06-16-2008, 08:10 AM
CaptainRandy

Sray,

That's a Bunch of Jap Zeros on that plane. Nice Camo job

Scott, Did you ever get to re maiden your Cub. I haven't started on mine yet.

GG or anyone,

I have never built a V tail. The Terry has a V tail. How does that work, or how do you set it up? One servo for each, kinda like elevons? Or are they both tied together for use as an elevator. What is the purpose of this arrangement? I think the Slow V only has a V tail and no ailerons, so I am assuming that the V Tail, does the job of elevator, and rudder. Me confused

The Terry has ailerons, so that takes care of turning. Did they just use a V Tail because it has twin feet?

In your response, Please Type Slow, so I can understand
Old 06-16-2008, 08:40 AM
Airbourne in Japan

Pappy, one of my first planes was a v tail, the parkzone aerobird. and yes it had two servos, one for elevator type input and one for rudder type input as it was a 3 ch trainer. however i guess you could just have the elevator type one servo arrangement if you had ailerons as well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.