Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Virtually indestructible

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Virtually indestructible

I have a little experience with rc planes.....i used to have an electric one for complete begginers and i gave it up after a while as i just wasn't improving and ended up buying a new wing every time i flew it, so i have recentely been looking for a plane for somebody who is cr#p at flying and have found this.... [link]http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/sky-soldier/index.html[/link] it may not look great but by looking through all the write ups it sounds very good and most importantly......INDESTRUCTIBLE!!!! What do you think and are their any others simmilar?

Thanks, Ben
Old 09-16-2007, 04:07 PM

Default RE: Virtually indestructible

Speaking of this plane, I ordered one last week for $35, will be getting it in the mail monday or tuesday. I will try it out and let you know here is a video fo one in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibsgMtC1GPs

It has a range of 200meters and made of strong crashproof EPP foam, not bad for a 35 buck plane ah?

You may also want to purchase rechargable AA batteries and a charger to charge them they go in the radio, because it won't last too long in the air from what i have heard, and the plane's battery itself charges on the radio from the AA's. So the more charged AAs u have the longer you can fly it. Anyone know of a good long lasting rechargebale AA brand for rc planes?
Old 09-16-2007, 08:27 PM

dude...i'm not TRYING to be rude, but the reason u ain't improvin is because yer choosin piece of SH*T planes. u need a good plane like[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHCL2&P=0]this[/link] this plane you will have to build, buy radio gear and crap for it, but it will really help you in the long run. if u have any questions about this, u can pm me or look around in the electric training section for help on this.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:49 PM

Often people keen to try R/C planes will enter into the hobby with a cheap, complete RTF (ready to fly) plane. Unquestionably, there are planes that are easier to fly and fly better then most RTF packages (parkzone may be an exception) but you need to stump up a few more $$ to buy seperate components. These planes tend to give you a better chance at successful flight, so its seems you need to weigh up spend as little as possible and take a possibly harder pathway, or spend a bit more, buy better quality gear and find it easier, more rewarding and ultimately stay with the hobby. In this case the extra $$ was worth it, if you give up you have a much greater chance of selling good quality second hand gear instead of junk.

Have you thought about a multiplex easystar? Quick repairs with CA/superglue and kicker. Flys really well, will glide forever, thermal and most important of all easy to fly. When you are ready you can upgrade to a BL setup so you might not outgrow it very quickly. There are a lot of information in RCU, do a forum search! The downside is you need to buy seperate radio gear. If you plan to stay in this hobby eventually you will end up with R/C gear anyway. May as well jump in boots and all!

clovus
Old 09-17-2007, 12:43 AM

The easystar might come as an RTF in the UK (it does in the USA) - not in Oz though. Clovus is bang on the money. Top plane, and you will get there eventually with it.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:20 AM

well easy star, although an awesome plane it is money i dont have..
Old 09-17-2007, 10:22 AM

You need to take into consideration that money may be an issue for some and for starters the 35-40 dollar range is all we can do right now. Thanks.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:50 AM

The Mini XPV is under $30 at TRU and even though it is only a two channel it is indestructible and very fun to fly. It has flight characteristics similar to a real RC plane as it will tip stall etc.. So stick time with it will improve your RC skills. I highly recommend it. Like most inexpensive planes the quality control at the factory is poor so be ready to take it back if it has problems. Once you find one that flies well you will have a ball. Fits in a desk drawer and can handle some pretty good head wind.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:13 PM
My Feedback: (13)

Guys:

Money can be a issue with all of us except the very few. With unlimited finances, I would have to have a 200 X 400 minimum shop area and than add one more every few years.

The reality here is that you need to acquire good equipment, even if its slowly. Best source is your local RC Club> Spend the time and money, join a club and let the guys know you are a newby with limited finances, looking for good working gear. Would be supprised if someone does not outright give you a decent radio and gear. Our club seems to load up a newby with extra glow gear for little or no cost. Learn to fly with the glow stuff cause its free or cleap, and then you can work your way into the electric stuff. In our club there is always a occasional complete electric flyer and gear for sale from someone who just will not take the time to learn what they are doing. Many times, the local hobby shop will sell a guy all sorts of stuff that simply will not work with each other, the guy end up very disapointed and sells the stuff cheap. You need to learn to tell the difference from useable good gear, and junk. I have a drawer full of stuff I save for future projects acquired for little or nothing. You can't learn it all by reading in RCU forums, but you can learn a whole bunch and save your money for good stuff. The difference of, say a rcxplanes.com yak 54 foamy and the birds you are talking about is just night and day. But, you must learn to walk before you can run. ENJOY
Old 09-17-2007, 01:19 PM

Another option in the 30-35 range are the aeroaces. The bipe is graet and very modable and the newest is the x-twin stunt flier. You'll need to hack the tx for best results though.

Tim
Old 09-17-2007, 07:30 PM

Hiya!! 3DSavage isn't being rude, just helpful, and he's right! The GWS E-starter is a great starter plane and the cheaper Beaver is as well. Very light, long flight times etc. BUt you will need a 3 channel TX and make the plane up. It isn't hard, instructions are easy and both planes really climb easily. Now, to cost in UK: Cheapest Beaver £25, rx, Tx, esc, servos £40-£50, 850Mah 2S lipo £10 - total to get flying in Uk about £90. Multiplex EZ* about £100-£110 (excellent as well). I have both and they are the best of my hangar of 8 planes. My e-mail pals Clovus and Machette both have EZ* as well as quite a few others Down There - 'nuff said Look on it as an investment in a great sport - all the best.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Do61493.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	479.8 KB
ID:	764941  
Old 09-18-2007, 08:14 AM

Hello, thanks for all the help, i will look into those planes suggested. I should have made myself a little clearer, at the moment i am into my model rockets and i am saving up for a new one, so i was looking for a cheap and easy to fly plane to mess around with and not worry about spending loads on new parts when it's not my top priority at the moment. So does anyone have experience with this plane or simmilar?

Thanks, Ben
Old 09-19-2007, 10:46 PM

I was going to get back to you on how it flies.

sky soldiers a pretty good plane.

Buy extra plane 3.6v battery plane packs, charge it up and go out.

I can do 3 360 degree loops with it and straighted it out level! (probably because of the rubber-band added around my nose section)