Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Experience with Wattage F22 Raptor?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Experience with Wattage F22 Raptor?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 08:48 AM
Rotobitch!
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experience with Wattage F22 Raptor?

Hi-
I normally fly helicopters but I was just mezmorized by three guys flying these F22's at a local RC park.
These planes really performed well and I was toying with the idea of getting one.
I use to fly planes years ago then sailplanes. For the past year I have been flying (crashing, rebuilding...flying again!) helicopters.
The planes had amazing performance yet looked so docile.
Any suggetions for servos, radio RX (I would want to use my 9C or RD6000) best place to buy these acessories or plane. Suggestions on weight. ( I don't worry too much about weight with heli's). Any help would be appreciated.
BB

Old 03-31-2003, 09:36 AM
darenm
My Feedback: (2)

Please do some research first! Run a search here at RCU. This plane has some real issues. I agree they look great and at first they fly awesome. After a couple flights the problems begin. (gearbox) issue. If you do plan to get one, you might want to upgrade the motor/gearbox combo to something better....

Just my 2 cents. Here's some pics for you....
Man if you like, you can have my old f22. It's just the air frame, but it's in good shape. Just pay for the shipping. Here's some pics. more at www.comeparkfly.com

have fun
Old 03-31-2003, 04:15 PM
pc_pilot

Darenm, I am also interested in these warbirds. I am trying to decide between the F-22 and the A-10. How much would it cost to ship it to New York 10701.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:29 PM
darenm

not sure on shipping.
i think i could box it up and ship it out under 10 bills.

but i would get the a10 if i was you!
Old 03-31-2003, 07:41 PM
pc_pilot

Darenm, is the F-22 still in fairly good flying condition or would I have to do a lot of work to get it to fly?
Old 04-01-2003, 02:45 PM
pc_pilot

Darenm, if your offer is still available, I will take the F-22. Please let me know how much the shipping will cost and send me your paypal information or other means of payment.

Thanks.
Old 04-03-2003, 02:46 AM
Rotobitch!

Default Modificatons for an F22 Raptor?

Although I asked this question earlier in this forum, I like to ask again.
I am interested in an F22 Raptor and would like to get specific info on how it flies and what kind of problems it has.
Has anyone had experience with this plane? Is there a "certain configuration" that has improved this model?
I kind of got the feeling that some pilots like it others do not (which is typical of a lot of things in life).
If this plane is a real dog, then maybe someone can suggest a combat wing that isn't 48" and can be flown in a 50 to 100 yd area.
Although I still like the idea of the jet.
TIA
Old 04-03-2003, 10:53 PM
F16FxR4real

Default posted in other subject

I think part of Darenm's problems are that he stated he was using a 8.4 volt pack. The F-22 needs an 8 cell pack to fly very well. I am on my second one and building this one stock "out the box" as well. I am however setting up the mount so I can easily swap in a brushless later with some carbon fiber rod and a wooden mount. This plane really does fly well if you build it and use exactly what they say in the manual. I don't know if it is as good at different altitudes but I'm here in Vegas.
Old 04-04-2003, 08:16 PM
Rotobitch!

Thanks F16FxR4real, great information.

I did a search in RCU and I found some of you had delt with this plane in November/December last year. From what I see, the plane flies good, stock. The plane is awesom when modified.
I think I'll build a stock plane for now, but I would still like info on making it awesom for the future. Anyone willing to give their .02 on this subject is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-10-2003, 01:24 AM
planelover

if you try to fly stock F22 then You will be disappointed about this jet, otherwise it is a marvelous jet in the air with the proper power. Draggy but Very stable jet , great performer and very great looking in the air. Do a search on this forum... IMHO, 30-40% stock RC electric airplanes out there are good out of the box. The rest needs to have better power upgrade to fly well.