Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

HELP! My first elec plane??????

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

HELP! My first elec plane??????

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 08:03 PM
streetsoffire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! My first elec plane??????

For my first elec plane Im not sure if I should get the HobbyZone Super Cub or the Park Zone j3 cub brushless.

I like the lipo. What do you think?
Old 04-18-2008, 09:35 PM
rob737
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: HELP! My first elec plane??????

i have both, and would recommend the supercub hands-down as far as your first airplane. it is larger, more forgiving, easier to fly (the pz cub is pretty slick for a first airplane), and the supercub is much easier to repair. the cub might make a good second plane. good luck! rob
Old 04-18-2008, 10:39 PM
derek2005

I think most of the people on this forum will probably recommed the super cub. You will not find many negative comments about that plane. That is where I would have started if I could do it over again.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:53 PM
streetsoffire

Sounds good. I was leaning toward a Nexstar EP however I was told not to get it as a first plane.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:40 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Streets, just know that the electronics are not interchangable with anything but a cub. I think it is am as well. That said it is a truly popular highwing trainer. Have fun.

Tim
Old 04-19-2008, 12:59 AM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Super cub all the way. I flew mine for a month or two and now I am on the T-28 with full controls and I just love it, still fly the cub all the time. I would get the super cub and don't look back have fun and enjoy. Eric
Old 04-22-2008, 07:49 AM
streetsoffire

I also like the ParkZone T-28 Trojan. It looks easy to fly.
I dont want a plane that is a throw away once I learn to fly it. I love the warbird look. the Trojan looks like an easy flyer. Is it?
Old 04-22-2008, 09:30 AM
tubamike78

have you had any time on a flight sim yet? most hobby shops have either realflight or fs-one set up to try out. if you have no problems on the sim, then the trojan should not be any problem. the trojan is faster then the supercub. if you have not have any sim time, i would suggest you start out with the supercub. after you are good on that, the trojan would be a good 2nd plane. i now have lights on my supercub and fly it at night, i also have a set of gws floats to fly off of water. tons of fun. good luck
Old 04-22-2008, 12:31 PM
streetsoffire

I purchased G4 flight sim. Im good at it after 4 weeks of flying. I was looking to skip that first plane by getting good at the sim. Im thinking of going for the T28.
What plane on the G4 is most like the t28?
Old 04-22-2008, 12:38 PM
tubamike78

their is a model of it out on the knife edge swap page. here's the link
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...o=file&id=3451

you should have no problems with the t-28, but make sure that for your first couple flights, have it in a wide open area to give you plenty of room to get it down.

Old 04-22-2008, 01:57 PM
raz54

The Super Cub is an excellent beginner plane and I highly recommend it. I would not recommend the T-28 as a beginner plane at all. I have one and love it but it's way too fast and not nearly as forgiving. The last thing you want to do is keep crashing a new plane because it's over your skill level.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:13 PM
FirebirdCdr2

I would say go with the Super Cub. I am a beginner and i am getting better. I have Broken My Cub in in three places and have been able to repair it, and fly it again. It fly's just like the first day I bought it. I hope you go with the Super Cub. Well whatever plane you choose Good luck and have fun.
Firebird
Old 04-22-2008, 04:23 PM
streetsoffire

Guys can I download a plane for my G4 Real Flight that is like the Super Cub? i.e. a plane with no ailerons?
Old 04-22-2008, 05:00 PM
streetsoffire

I found the download for the super cub. It seems way to easy to fly. I guess ill buy it use it and then move up. I can always use the super cub to teach someone else.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:51 PM
aircraftking

ORIGINAL: streetsoffire

For my first elec plane Im not sure if I should get the HobbyZone Super Cub or the Park Zone j3 cub brushless.

I like the lipo. What do you think?
Thats easy, SuperCub.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:26 PM
streetsoffire

OK, I purchased the Super Cub. Ive flown it in mild wind and had no crashes. It is fun and easy. I will keep it since it was my first plane. Now, I want to buy an electric plane with ailerons . What should I get??? An nexstar , elecstar, t-28 ???
Old 04-29-2008, 05:47 AM
tubamike78

i have both the electristar and the t-28, i like them both. the e-star is bigger, .40 size. can get is pretty cheap from towerhobby $199.95. only problem is that you need to also purchase 2 batteries and charger. nimh's run around $25 each and lipo's for it would be around $70 each. i have 2 sets of both and i deffently perfer the lipo's. i'm gonna get a dewalt drill battery and make a couple 5 cell a-123's for it.

the t-28 is faster then the e-star and is smaller. after the supercub you shouldn't have any troubles with it since you've been practicing on a sim.

good luck in which ever direction you go.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:00 PM
streetsoffire

Im leaning toward the T 28. I love the look of it. From the you tube vids it looks like a great flyer. It seems to be good at low speed landings.

I have flown my Super Cub a few more times and it is a great flyer, however I want Ailerons.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:26 PM
derek2005

streetsoffire,

I purchased the e-flight mini pulse XT PNP after learning on my Hobbico J-3 cub. I was amazed at how easy and fun the MPXT is to fly. I have about 30 flights on it and I have not crashed it yet. I can do most aerobatics or it can just putter around slowly. I highly recommend it. I was going to get the T-28 Trojan, but I saw this instead. I was worried about it being too capable for my abilities at the moment, but I couldn't find a negative thing about the plane anywhere, so I went for it. I love it.

Happy Flying