Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone f4U Corsair Rtf

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 11:28 AM
adwb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone f4U Corsair Rtf

USA distributors for the servoless retracts below, you will, I think, find the weights there.
alistair

http://www.ejf.com/
http://www.sonicelectric.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?
Old 10-20-2008, 11:33 AM
adwb

I had all the servos fail over a 2 week period in a Parkzone Tyhoon 3d the last causing at erminal crash,I would not trust parkzone servos again and change them to a known big name brand as soon as possible.Alistair
Old 10-20-2008, 12:43 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: adwb

I had all the servos fail over a 2 week period in a Parkzone Tyhoon 3d the last causing at erminal crash,I would not trust parkzone servos again and change them to a known big name brand as soon as possible.Alistair
That's a drag.[:@]
Old 10-20-2008, 09:21 PM
mrbigg

Do you guys think a Hitec HS55 would work on the elevator? The LHS has these in stock. I would rather have the Futaba S3114 because they have more torque, but I'd have to wait to get them.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:16 PM
MAX HEADSPEED

ORIGINAL: mrbigg

Do you guys think a Hitec HS55 would work on the elevator? The LHS has these in stock. I would rather have the Futaba S3114 because they have more torque, but I'd have to wait to get them.
Sure they'll work well. They're a very popular servo.
Why not use a direct fit, after a minor side mount clipping, HS56HB. The gears are metal. You'll need a 6in extension on ailerons. I've had striped gears on an OEM aileron servo on my F4u that was found during a pre-flight. I've heard that the ailerons were a little 'stiff' so that would load up that servo gear train.
I think I'll change out all my OEM servos on my Corsair with the HS56HB just for insurance.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:22 PM
mrbigg

Max, I just looked them up at Tower and the gears are Carbonite in theFutaba S3114 Micro HT Servo 56HB servo. I've been checking out the Futaba S3114 Micro HT Servo. Doesn't look too bad.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:02 AM
aviator24

Put up a new thread...
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8073115/tm.htm
Can U tell I am bored?
Old 10-23-2008, 01:59 AM
mad web tv scientist

[8D] mrbig, I believe Horizon Hobby will send free replacement servos under warranty if you want to go that route. Before I fly a new RTF PF I disconnect the servos and really give the control hinges some "good" bending stresses to soften them up a bit. The Spitfire aileron hinges cracked a little from my treatment so I added a small amount of "hinge tape" I bought from Tower Hobbies. I will do he same to my Corsair if I notice any sign of cracks in any hinge line.

I am getting really great hand launch results using partial power and my left hand that might prove to be very useful for other Corsair flyers as well. Please check out: post # 947 and others in the following thread: Parkzone Supermarine Spitfire Mk11B
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_49...38/key_/tm.htm

My understanding of extra down thrust is that it helps prevent torque induced tip stalls at marginal flying speeds when throttle is advanced to quickly. One criticism of full scale P-47 Thunderbolts was that it's heavy wing loading and thuggish power killed pilots who throttled up too quickly when it was necessary for them to go around again for another landing approach. The extra down thrust forces the nose down instead of allowing it to rise and increasing the wing's angle of attack that can precipitate a stall.

I found out that aileron servos are being back ordered. I am going with what I dicovered at my hobby shop for my particuar needs.

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif]
[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:02 PM
mrbigg

The LHS took care of the servo. Bought ten more to have on hand incase something happens again. It looks like they glue the servos in with silicone. What should I use to put the elevator servo back in?
Old 10-25-2008, 02:25 AM
big.papa.1170

castorTroy2150, what are your thoughts on these servoless retracts? -Top of page- I read 3oz. as a weight w/o wheels. Thats an increase of 85g the pz corsair is what..?..800g (1.76 lb) so figure maybe 900g (1.98 lb) total after install. Too much ??
Old 10-25-2008, 07:42 PM
frenchstan

To any and all:

I'm assembling an inexpensive sport version of the F4U using the Park Zone wing as a base. Would an owner of the RTF or PNP Park Zone Corsair be kind enough to give me the dimensions of the front landing gear, and the approximate angles of the bends? I'm hoping to use a pair of extra landing gear wires from a Trojan T-28 as a starting point.

Thanks in advance-Stan
Old 10-26-2008, 08:04 AM
CastorTroy2150
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: big.papa.1170

castorTroy2150, what are your thoughts on these servoless retracts? -Top of page- I read 3oz. as a weight w/o wheels. Thats an increase of 85g the pz corsair is what..?..800g (1.76 lb) so figure maybe 900g (1.98 lb) total after install. Too much ??
I dont think that it would make a big difference Big Papa, I would get some, but I have tow reasons.
1-I dont like the idea of them not being scale, the wont even look close.
2- I am starting a new project, A B-25 from WowPLanes.com, great prices and great product from what I have gathered. Any 55" wingspan all foam B-25 complete kit is worth it in my book and for 99.00 right now. I am SOLD!!! Thier other planes are super cheap as well!!!!
http://www.wowplanes.com/product_inf...products_id=88

I Just dont think it is really worth it, and I will be getting a set of those to use with my B-25 anyway haha. As I dont like to mess with servos and retracts, to much work. But Im sure it would work if you wanted to try it. I will be ordering my new plane and stuff soon, so I will post about the weight and how well they seem to be build.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:36 PM
smackdn775

I broke the antenna on the spektrum radio from the corsair, sent it into Horizon and they shipped me back a brand new one in the box with an extra receiver. Very good customer service and a fast transaction. I justed wanted to give the props to horizon for a job well done.

Steve
Old 10-30-2008, 06:52 PM
aviator24

Dang! I am breaking mine
Old 11-02-2008, 11:23 AM
jerseyflyer
My Feedback: (2)

thats funny i just broke mine too... right at the hinge while i was pulling it out the car... i was a little upset about that...
Old 11-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Wiedman

The pin came out of my antenna right at the pivot I put it back in and have had no problems. I had a weird thing happen yesterday I went to fly my Corsair I turned my transmitter on and then powered up my plane and the plane would not respond to the transmitter I took it home and bound the system and now it is working fine.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:07 PM
mad web tv scientist

ANTI CRASH REDUNDANT ELEVATOR SERVO, etc.

adwb, a safe elevator redundant system has been developed for the Corsair that you and others who have suffered or might suffer servo failure might find useful. Check out the following post for the information: Hobbico FlyZone� Piper J-3 Cub RTF, Post # 318
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_65...page_13/tm.htm

I like the "split elevator safety system" so much that all of my fighters will be so equipped. Another reason for installing a rudder on the PZ Spit is to enjoy some redundancy in case the single aileron servo goes gunnysack on me.

mrbig, recently noticed some torque effects that I found interesting. After overshooting my intended landing spot recently with the "stock" Corsair I deliberately added throttle quickly to see if the down thrust effect would effectively neutralize any serious tendency to roll the plane. Sure enough the F4U demonstrated no serious tendency to torque roll at all. I've been told that the F-104 Starfighter was the first jet plane to demonstrate the effects of torque. My new single motor F-15 does demonstrate a very noticeable torque roll effect when throttled up quickly. Yes, there is no down thrust on it that I can tell, so when the F-15 is close to the ground I will always try to remember to add power slowly when needed.

frenchstan, here is the Corsair landing gear numbers I think you want. Let me know if more/clearer information is needed. The angle of the wheel strut to the bottom of the wing is eight (8) degrees. Distance from bottom of wing to wheel axle is 3.5 inches. All other angles are 90 degrees. The length of wire from the wheel strut to the anchor point in the wing is 1 7/8 inch, and 7/8 inch is the length of the wire in the wing. The tires measure 1 7/8 inch. Hope this helps.

BIND PHENOMENA - Like others I have had to do some receiver rebinding. All of my SPEKTRUM equipped warbirds now have a permanently installed "open circuit" bind plug installed so that by simply shorting the two leads with an alligator clip I can easily bind a receiver that has become "unbound." Funny how the plane's trim became lost and had to be re-trimmed.

One other thing about receiver binding - the latest receiver to be bound to my transmitter worked as advertised when being bound in the plane. It did not work as advertised when attempting to bind it using a 4.8 volt battery only. Was I ever relieved when I found out that it worked in the plane. I hope it keeps on working. It was the latest one to become "unbound" and required me to re-trim my plane after getting it to bind again.

[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:08 PM
aviator24

Madwebtvscientist,
Have you installed the rudder on the Spitfire yet?
We had a record temperature day here in Michigan, I think it hit 70 degrees! Spent the day at the field flying my Parkzone Spitfire and Corsair. Also flew my RICCS TB-20 and T-38. Must have flew each plane 5 times!! I am tired. Also flew my PKZ Micro Cessna 210 a couple times. I think my fingers are sore. Going to be nice tomorrow again, guess where I will be...
Old 11-04-2008, 07:27 PM
mad web tv scientist

aviator, completing the PZ Spit modifications is my next project. I have almost all of the technology needed to make it work like I want. Still have some propeller research to do. When I finally get the F4U and the Spitter flying essentially identically in the smallest practical flying site I will be ready for new frontiers in modeling. The Corsair with its brushless motor and lighter wing loading will probably end up being my favorite flying machine for warbird aerobatics.

I have been spending a lot of time with the Corsair and the Eagle. Weather conditions have not been encouraging lately. Interestingly, in the poor conditions that I have been doing some flying in, no evidence of disorientation have been noticed. This situation may be due to my greater experience level, my new glasses, or a combination of factors. The bottom line is I am seeing a noticeable increase in piloting competency and flying pleasure.

Hey, don't you dare burn out on us now. That is a lot of flying for one day. The amazing thing to me is how quickly you have mastered so many different planes in so short a time - mere weeks!

ENJOY FLYING!

[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Old 11-04-2008, 07:41 PM
aviator24

Madwebtvscientist,
I do feel I have come a long way when I can take out such a wide array of electric RC planes and bring em all home in one piece! As nice as the temps were, I was still battling 10-15 mph wind gusts?
I have recently joined a new flying club. I think I am the only member flying electric! Not sure they know what to make of me yet
I realized this today after flying so many different types of planes, it is not easy! Sure is fun though...had 4 chargers going all day.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:57 AM
nickelbn1
My Feedback: (1)

For all of you that have both the T-28 Trojan and the Corsair, which do you prefer? which seems to be a better flyer? My local hobby shop guy is recommending the Corsair over the trojan strictly because of the 2.4ghz radio system. I have not really read of any glitching problems with the T-28 stock radio. Any comments for me? I need to know today please. I am having a hard time deciding on which plane I should get.....thank you.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:19 PM
charlie1960

real easy answer....get them BOTH.......
Old 11-06-2008, 02:45 AM
frenchstan

The T-28 flys beautifully, but the Ready To Fly version is NOT the way to go! There is a VERY HIGH probability you will get a bad receiver. Get the Plug N Play T-28 and buy, beg, borrow or steal an FM or 2.4 GHz transmitter and receiver. (Spectrum DX5i or DX6i, for example) Whichever way you go, read the forums on the airframe before you fly it.

I've flown the T-28 and a "home-made PZ Corsair" using the PZ Corsair wing, tail and power. It flew the same at the T-28, which means great. The power systems and AUW is the same on both. Landing the F4U may be a touch trickier...........Stan
Old 11-06-2008, 10:14 AM
nickelbn1
My Feedback: (1)

thanks for the input. I ended up buying the f4u Corsair because of the better radio and receiver. I put it together last night and gotta say I love the looks of it. Its built very well in my opinion. I had just bought the Flyzone Diablo and was not impressed with its build quality at all. luckily it was defective and I was able to return it to my local hobby shop and he gave me my money back to turn around and buy this Corsair. This is my first 4 channel and brushless system. Man that motor is so quiet and smooth! Everything looks very sturdy and stable to me. My only concern is that when i turn it on and move the flaps around, the servos make a lot of beeping noises like morse code. After I stop moving them, they still are beeping fast like morse code and if I barely touch the servo arms to move them a hair, it will stop the noise. All the servos are doing this. is that normal?
Old 11-06-2008, 10:36 AM
frenchstan

Nickelbn1, I know what you mean. The PZ servos in these birds ARE pretty noisy! Descriptively, I often get more of a long, high-pitched whine out of mine rather than intermittant noise. Sorry, I don't know if it makes a difference as far as the KIND of noise.

Mine too, often whine until I move a stick, then they're usually quiet, depending on the load. The one (aileron) servo (out of 16 total in four birds) that died just stopped moving the output arm. I replaced it with another PZ analog servo, but haven't had a chance to disect it yet - I'm guessing just a broken gear. I remember other posts in the T-28 thread mentioned noise, but were not complaining of servo failures. In general, I'd say they are OK. Let us know how it goes so we can learn from your experience.................Stan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.