Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

T-28 Prop Hub Removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 09:29 PM
MarkDiDo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-28 Prop Hub Removal

Is there a trick to removing the prop hub on the Park Zone T-28?

Reading the manual, it says that I'm supposed to put an allen wrench in the hole in the prop hub, but I think they torqued the thing on and I don't want to break the prop before I maiden the darned thing.

I'm assuming it is a standard "lefty loosey, righty tighty" nut?

Also, any idea what size allen wrench is used to remove the set screw? None of mine seem to fit.

Thanks!

Old 08-13-2008, 09:38 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: T-28 Prop Hub Removal

Just stick a small screw driver in the hole at the end of it, And hold on to the prop and trun it just like you said.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:04 PM
MarkDiDo

Never mind. Nothing that the judicious use of a pair of Channel locks couldn't fix

Old 08-13-2008, 10:06 PM
MarkDiDo

ORIGINAL: giddyuperic

Just stick a small screw driver in the hole at the end of it, And hold on to the prop and trun it just like you said.
Thanks. The guy who put the prop hub on must have really been eating his Wheaties that morning!

Old 08-14-2008, 07:48 PM
frenchstan

Just to finish the topic;

about the T-28 prop hub set screw..........for metric it's 1.5 mm. or 0.062 in. for those of you using standard tools, like the Moody Pollicus line.

One other item, I had one prop hub that had the set screw drilled and tapped in at an angle, rather than perpendicular to the shaft. It seemed to come loose very easily. So, if you are having this problem, check the drilling for the set screw. You may have to buy a new hub. Stan