Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Parkzone's warbird brushless upgrades?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone's warbird brushless upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 12:07 AM
drypipe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone's warbird brushless upgrades?

Has anyone upgraded any of Parkzone's P-51 Mustang, FW-190 or Spitfire? What did you use for a brushless motor and what were the flight results?

Plane Nuts.
Drypipe.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:54 AM
rob737
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Parkzone's warbird brushless upgrades?

many have done this....if you need an answer quickly dig around in the threads, you should find plenty of info on this subject. good luck!
Old 11-03-2008, 11:02 AM
johnpcunningham

I've done it with an AXI 2820, Turnigy 35-48, and Turnigy 28-35 outrunners (Mustang and spitfire. I took a piece of basswood to make the mount on the front of the fuse and then mounted the motor to the basswood.
Power was fantastic.

I've also use the F-27 Stryker motor and put it in the original gearbox. There is a lip inside the gearbox the you need to grind down with a dremmel tool. Power was much better than stodk but not extreme. The batteries did
last longer due to the higher efficiency brushless motor. Used the "super simple" 40 amp ESC from hobbycity ($12).

If I had to choose between the two, the outrunners gave better performance - I could run a larger prop (10x8 and 11x6). The inrunner approach is easier since everything already lines up.

JC
Old 11-03-2008, 05:09 PM
drypipe

Rob 737, I don't have time to "dig around" in the miles of threads. That's why I planted this quick post for some updated responces. So far I have received great positive feed back in this fast find thread!

Plane Nuts,
Drypipe.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:14 PM
rob737
My Feedback: (3)

my comments were a bit flip, so i deleted them. my apologies, good luck with your project!
Old 11-04-2008, 11:42 PM
drypipe

Mr. Rob 737, I did not intend to sound nasty about the suggestion of thread research. Yes your suggestion has helped my efforts. I thought some fresh updated ideas would shine some light on the older posts and be more expedient in the long run. Time management?