Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Need suggestions: front yard flyer

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Need suggestions: front yard flyer

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 10:25 AM
hornetnz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need suggestions: front yard flyer

I'm looking for anyones suggestions on what would be a good driveway flyer. Ive been looking at the Divo and such, but I'm wondering if that thin foam will hold up very well? What kinda foam should I be looking for in these kits? I'm looking for a biplane or sport model that I can practice aerobatics and 3-d with up and down my street. I would really really like to find one that comes packaged with the motor/esc/batt.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:38 PM
tam popo

Default RE: Need suggestions: front yard flyer

Hornetz - take a look at the following....GWS Pico Stick, Pico Tiger Moth (in piccy), most Depron/Epp Profiles and indoor-type Silvaalit/X-Twin. But try not to fly in the street cos of danger to people and property etc - but if you must, you must!!!
Here's my Pico TMoth with b/less, but with an IPSA it would fly indoors and slow....very nice
Old 11-25-2008, 03:43 PM
tam popo

Sorry, here's the pics. Fitted with an IPSA it will fly indoors and slow. The other is the new Moller flying car....and its real!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv74793.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	1078850  
Old 11-25-2008, 06:26 PM
hornetnz

Thx for the suggestions. But I'm looking for something more along the lines of an extra/edge/sukhoi/biplane.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:32 AM
tam popo

Try going to www.parkflyers.com for the GeeBee. Some people I know swear by them and there's plenty of U-Tube vids to peruse. But get the EPP one, they are cheap and hover easily!!!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 09:44 AM
hornetnz

Thanks, the GB looks like a good candidate. Anyone else have some other suggestions I can compare with?
Old 11-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Teenage Pilot 14

If you want a plane that can fly in tiny spaces AND do aerobatics, you should find a profile aerobat or flat foamie that has more control surface area than static stabilizer area and very, very low wing loading. I can fly my Electrifly Yak 55 profile in my front yard with some minor difficulty even though I've got it WAY overpowered. Of course, you could also just go to a craft, hobby, or hardware store, buy some sheets of foam, and make your own. It really isn't that hard and you can tailor it to fit your needs. It's also a less-expensive route than an ARF or RTF.

Tam- Very nice Moller SkyCar! I found one of those at a dealership that specializes in flying cars, perpetual motion machines, and unicorn-catching equipment..................................
Old 11-29-2008, 06:55 PM
tam popo

TP13 - Hiya pal, yearh, I found that flying car at a place where Mods only censor when neccessary and Mods have a sense of humour (in flying circles!!)
Old 11-29-2008, 08:20 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Tam, we don't have that. Oh a different forum than ours.

Hornet, try hobbylobbys Yak 54/55 then get some fan fold insulation and trace out your parts That should do you. If you want to go that route I'll post some gear for the plane.

Tim
Old 12-04-2008, 12:10 PM
hornetnz

Teenage, are the elctrify ones made out of the foam you can bend and not crease? I dont remember what that type is called.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:25 PM
C-182

http://www.lightflite.com

Try "the Bug"