Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

imput on best 4 channel cessna type plane

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

imput on best 4 channel cessna type plane

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 06:46 PM
mikec123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default imput on best 4 channel cessna type plane

Hi all!!! stated on a skyfly learned to fly on it even with those lame throws. next was a parkzone ember loved it and gave it to my son . next was an ember fun little plane had 2 servo is now striped out. now i'm kinda bored of 3 channel and i'm thinking of going 4 and a larger more open spaced plane.. i;m thlooking at the flyzone cessna skylane select that just came out.... the price seems steep to me at 249.00 and i also don;t like the sound of the name FOAM in the construction of the plane, dont get me wrong i know alot of planes have foam wings like my skyfly and i have like 10 of them in the garage.. anyway what better place to get imput and links and such than right here!!!!
THANKS FOR ANY IMPUT YOU GIVE.... as always hooked on flyin!!!
Old 01-26-2009, 06:52 PM
mikec123

Default RE: imput on best 4 channel cessna type plane

sorry for bad spelling missed an r there also would like the new plane to have brushless and be rtf... thanx
Old 01-26-2009, 06:56 PM
richg99

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I love my Multiplex Mini-mag. Yes, it is foam, but the toughest foam you ever saw. I'd by the bare bones kit ad add your own LIPO; ESC; and BL motor. Build it with ailerons, of course. Great flier and has a fine following on many of the sites. Rich

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXNXV0#techn
Old 01-26-2009, 07:10 PM
mikec123

thanx rich looking now still the word foam is so negative to me....
Old 01-26-2009, 07:15 PM
mikec123

that sales video of the cessna select from flyzone sure sold me on the beginner type easy to fly 4 channel plane but still that foam word thats why im here....
Old 01-26-2009, 07:36 PM
richg99

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, If you crash a balsa model, you probably can fix it, but it will take some time and effort.

If you "lawn dart" the better-made foam planes, a little medium-heat hot-melt-glue/epoxy/gorilla glue etc. and you can fly again on the same day. I only had one balsa/ply plane. One crash ( operator error) and it hangs in my shop needing a new front end. My MM, however.... has taken the worst I can throw at it ( a lot) and it flies nearly every time out. Have fun. Hope you find what you are looking for.... regards, rich

p.s. Please do not under-estimate the number of times new fliers can crash a plane while learning. Don't ask me how I know that!!! Ha Ha
Old 01-26-2009, 07:58 PM
mikec123

rich its the fusalage i dont like foam my only experience is the sky fly had a plastic fuse and i beat that thing up never any damage scraches and such i think im going to go for a foam plane i quess i need to try to learn about it....
Old 01-27-2009, 02:11 AM
mikec123

i li ke this new plane
http://www.bananahobby.com/1651.html

watch the video on the bottom this guy can fly!!!