Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Funtana 300 vs. Typhoon2

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 08:28 AM
bzinfinity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funtana 300 vs. Typhoon2

Ok, I know the two planes in question are dissimilar at best, one being a profile foamy, one being injection molded, etc, etc. And I know the weight is different, etc, etc.

I get all of that but I need an honest comparison done on a few points.

I am going to be teaching a few of my my heli pilot buddies how to fly some basic 3D. They are all willing to get a basic 3D plane, and don't want to spend more than about 150.00.

I can get a Funtana ALMOST RTF for like 179.00, so thats close. The PnP Typhoon is 159.00.

I have a Typhoon, and a Typhoon2. I happen to like them very much. I think they snap awfully hard, but my Edge does the same thing, so no harm no foul.

How does the Funtana 300 stack up against the Typhoon in ease of flight? Would you guys say things like KE and Hovering or Harriers would be easier with the Typhoon or with the Funtana?

I can do all of the stuff on the Typhoon, but I have been flying for a long time.

Also - does anyone know if there is any sort of parts availability on the Funtana? I kinda like the Typhoon2 as a trainer because the wings and fuse and everything else are sold at the local HobbyTown.

I've checked all over and I cannot find Funtana 300 parts other than Sideforce Generators. Which would lead me to believe a hard crash puts you back 50.00 for a new kit. That sucks.