Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

i want a cheap reliable electric airplane

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

i want a cheap reliable electric airplane

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 08:14 PM
adam313

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i want a cheap reliable electric airplane

i was wanting to start getting into rc airplanes and i was going to see how good i could fly an airplane before i go to nitro

what would be be a good begginers airplane one that it would be easy to find parts for and one that is hard to break im used to stadium trucks and always thought these would be cool to have thanks in advance for any help

-ADAM
Old 03-03-2009, 08:28 PM
BobbyGee
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: i want a cheap reliable electric airplane

Hobby Zone Super Cub.

Most hobby shops will have it as well as parts.

Distributed by Horizon Hobby. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=HBZ7100

BobbyG
Old 03-03-2009, 08:46 PM
adam313

thanks Bobby that plane looks pretty cool ill have to save my money up and get a plane im 14 and dont have a job because i cant drive and i just spent all my money on a stereo i should have waited and got a plane, that stereo was more than the cost of that plane
Old 03-04-2009, 09:02 AM
crazychris46dividedby2

i agree with bobbygee about the supercub. i dont own one "YET" but have seen a few videos of it coming down nose first into the ground hard, and not a lick of damage to it. my LHS has one in stock at all times and parts for it tend to be readily available. hopefully within a month ill be flying one. chris
Old 03-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Leo L

The HZ SuperCub is the best beginner plane that you can get. However, if for some reason you don't like it, then consider the Multiplex EasyStar.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:54 PM
adam313

does this plane go pretty fast too
Old 03-05-2009, 06:37 PM
crazychris46dividedby2

adam here is a link to a youtube video of the supercub. should give you a pretty good idea of its speed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdAZW838-u8
Old 03-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Dai Phan
My Feedback: (2)

Hi

This is a great hobby and you will enjoy it immensely. I would advise against the Super Cub because it is too fast for beginner to handle. I recommend the Multiplex Easy Star (high quality radio and servos) which flies slow, excellent glider and very tough foam. The other is Hobby Lobby Wing Dragon with 2.4 Gig radio and excellent slow flyer too. DP

Old 03-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Mr. Mugen

I disagree. I taught many kids to fly on the super cub as well as myself. It is a great trainer if there ever was one. I bet more people learned to fly on the cub than any other plane. This hobby exploded a few years back with the intro to affordable electric flight and this plane lead the parade. How is this not a good trainer plane? It is hands down the best trainer I have found.

Check out the following of this plane here... http://supercubclub.proboards78.com/index.cgi

Kevin
Old 03-06-2009, 04:09 PM
adam313

cool thanks guys whenever i get some money im gonna get that supercub
Old 03-07-2009, 04:55 AM
downunderdog

I taught myself on a Super Cub, and it wasn't too costly or traumatic.

But I do like the material of the multiplex planes. I've never flown the easystar, but it's a good looking plane and a lot of people use it for aerial photography, so it must be pretty stable. Definitely one to consider. The other advantage of the easystar over the supercub is the non-standard electronics of the Super Cub. With 5 wire servos and the RX/ESC combined, you can't really do much to it in the way of additional controls without swapping out ALL of the electronics. That being said, adding a Lipo to a stock supercub is enough to satisfy most people for quite a while.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:32 PM
raptor fan

I would recommend the parkzone j3cub bl.It has plenty of power with the bl moter and lipo bat.Its a little fast ,but its tuff and it will go a long way.Thats what i learned on.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:41 AM
Swapadog

Whilst you're saving up how about getting a budget FMS Simulator in the meantime then you can fly yourself stupid on the computer whilst blasting out your new stereo at full volume and driving your mum and dad up the wall

Not only that but a few weeks on it and you'll be much better equiped for the real thing !!!