Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Parkzone NEW BRUSHLESS (YES!!!) P-51 Mustang RTF and BNF

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone NEW BRUSHLESS (YES!!!) P-51 Mustang RTF and BNF

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 08:46 AM
Saburo Sakai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone NEW BRUSHLESS (YES!!!) P-51 Mustang RTF and BNF

My God the flashing lights idea is genius! Three, small red or yellow L.E.D.s in each wing? Wired in to the flight battery? What type of alternating on/off switch is available?
Of course, the real thing- Micro Machine Guns, would be most authentic though dangerous! I've put Dr. Browning and his best Elves on it. Those Elves are evil little craftsmen! Thank God that Hitler didn' t discover them or we'd be talking German!
Note: the one time a bird came unbound was on the PZ factory trannywhen I turned on the flight battery too soon, I think. Just rebound it no problem. I've had no issues with a DX6i at all. Yet. Touch wood on that!
Happy Armistace and Veterans Day!
Old 11-11-2010, 02:28 PM
mad web tv scientist

A SPECIAL SALUTE TO MY FELLOW VETERANS TODAY!

Sakai, I've read about the "machine gun flashing lights" being available but am hesitant to order any until I learn more about them.

So, FLY HIGH, FIGHT, AND WIN!

madwebtvscientist (I hope RCU will get its animated smileys working again.)
____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:43 PM
mad web tv scientist

[8D] HIGH ALTITUDE GUNFIGHTER

Testing has provided confidence in the ability of my stock (except for the added landing drag flaps) War Weary GUNFIGHTER to fly well at the highest practical altitude flying conditions. It is the same weight as the Wildcat that will be providing back up/comparison flight testing at altitude.

The three ounces lighter newest PZ Mustang will continue its mission of beautifying the living room. It will also continue to be flown with stock props and will not be equipped with landing drag flaps that are not needed in the large safe fields to which it will be restricted. This pristine P-51 will also only be flown under mild conditions. The heavy lifting will be assigned to the above mentioned machines.

The mission of our present research has been to develop confidence in the ability to put on flying fighter demonstrations anywhere at any altitude where there might be possible new modeling/science prospects. Calculations are compared with ammeter readings to be sure nothing will burn up in normal use.

The formula for determining propeller load on the motor that sort'a works is that load is proportional to the fourth power of the diameter of the prop and is directly proportional to prop pitch. I tried to order a more accurate ammeter recently but it won't be available until around Christmas so there is that certain slightly uneasy feeling that disaster might be creeping up on my six.

A 9.25 inch diameter prop with APC style tips cut down from a 10X8 PZ Spitfire prop draws just under 20 amps at full throttle. Theoretically, this prop should work well up to about two miles high altitude, assuming a twenty percent reduction of air density per mile of altitude. I have multiple size cut down spare props just in case one or more of them will prove to work better under real conditions. Because of the lower current draw than expected I am assuming that those flexible Spitfire prop blades are flattening out in the denser sea level air and will automatically gain the necessary pitch to perform well at altitude. Flexibility can be a very useful property for props especially in view of some of my less than precise landings.

The GUNFIGHTER will always fly first on the next series of altitude tests since I already know how well the F4F performs up to 10,500 feet. I have assumed that anything the Cat can do the 51 can also surely do, even if a "little" adjustment might be necessary. At any higher altitude the Wildcat will fly first with a follow-up test flight using the 51. What could possibly go wrong?

Just fly at any altitude! (I really hope this works out as well as I think - it should be glorious.)

FLY HIGH, FIGHT, AND WIN!

madwebtvscientist (I hope RCU will get its animated smileys working again.) ____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:15 PM
mad web tv scientist

KILLER GUNFIGHTER PROP

Although the Wildcat clearly beat a significantly lighter stock GUNFIGHTER in climbing performance in the last fly off competition; today, the heavier War Weary GUNFIGHTER blew the doors off the Wildcat and demonstrated that it is second only to my souped up Messerschmitt in climbing performance. Besides that, the rolling performance of the 51 seemed as good or better than the F4F with its modified Spitfire 9.5 inch "high altitude" prop.

Today's Mustang victory was accomplished while using its stock 20 Amp ESC and the 9.25 inch prop described in my last post on our 51 thread. Success is a lot more fun than failure and/or inconclusive results.

Preparing the special modified Spitfire prop for use on the GUNFIGHTER takes some time in order to minimize spinner wobbling and getting the spinner/cowling space right. This dandy little 9.25 inch prop is so neat here at low altitude I simply must make some spares even if a larger size prop will be required at high altitude. Making spares will provide some good therapy during some of our dreary Northwest rain forest weather Oregon is so famous for.

The Stock prop is still the best "noise maker." Full throttle in a dive can produce a "swishing sound" with the modified Spit prop, but this prop is virtually silent in dead stick diving maneuvers. Its really neat to stumble across an unexpected low altitude high performance prop while trying to develop an adequate performing high altitude prop.

Yes, FLY HIGH, FIGHT, AND WIN!

madwebtvscientist (I hope RCU will get its animated smileys working again.) ____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:17 AM
DenverJayhawk

I'm sad to say that I recently sold the gunfighter. As much as I liked the low, sweeping passes, I've decided War Birds don't do it for me. I'm now in the process of picking up a flat 3d foamy.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:11 PM
mad web tv scientist

mistake - will try to get back with something useful next week.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:05 PM
mad web tv scientist

[8D] GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS

The good news is that all necessary flying equipment is now fine tuned and waiting for updated precision measuring equipment. The bad news is that my last tests were flawed, (blush).

The original test was expected to show no difference between the vertical performance of the GUNFIGHTER and the Wildcat that was loaded 10% heavier with a 10% higher calculated thrust. The reason the P-51 beat the F4F so noticeably is because I somehow managed to have a P-51 back-up 9.25 inch diameter prop on the F4F during the test. The lighter Mustang beat the heavier Wildcat because they both had the same thrust. When the weather gets better I will repeat the original test.

When we get back up to high altitude I expect the stock P-51 to perform just fine with one or more of my test props. Yes, I will be carrying a spare 30 Amp ESC just in case extra power might be useful in possible marginal conditions.

Given the thinner air at high altitude and needed higher speeds, it is "confidence building" to know what to expect as a result of some simple test flying experiences at higher altitudes than would normally be expected under "normal conditions."

madwebtvscientist (I hope RCU will get its animated smileys working again.) ____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:38 PM
mad web tv scientist

STOCK GUNFIGHTER "HIGH ALTITUDE" PROP TEST

Using a Tower Hobbies "Watt's up" meter demonstrated that a peak charged stock P-51 battery provides 19-20 Amps when using the 9.25X8 modified Spitfire prop at full throttle. I think this combination will work well at significantly higher altitude (one mile plus altitudes) than the stock prop. Spare larger diameter props are available for tests at higher altitudes.

Once testing determines safe performance capabilities with the stock 18 Amp ESC, the 22 ounce (less battery) War Weary GUNFIGHTER will be equipped with a 30 Amp ESC like the now superior flying Wildcat with its 9.5X8 modified Spitfire prop drawing 23 Amps at full throttle with 25-30 C Lipo 3 cell batteries.

It would just never do to allow a Wildcat to outperform a Mustang on a permanent basis, you understand. Besides, all that extra power is addicting and if I am going to do much flying I simply must have my power fix while flying the WW 51.

This post is being composed on a different account than normal because the normal account is blocked off from RCU. Could be a "coincidence," of course, but ever since putting an "energy breakthrough url" next to the maneuvering Spitfire on my MAD WEB TV SCIENTIST PAGE I have been subjected to unusual "hacker like problems" on the web. Usually I can eventually out maneuver such foolishness but just in case there is an unusually long absence of my posts please realize that it will be nothing personal, just your average suppressed energy technology activity.

AIN'T WE GOT FUN!?

madwebtvscientist (I hope RCU will get its animated smileys working again.) ____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748

Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:48 PM
mad web tv scientist

Fighter Squadron,

Finally decided to go ahead and install the 30 amp ESC rather than continuing to flirt with dangerously high loads on the stock ESC. The message here is, if in doubt buy a 30 amp ESC. When flying at high altitude in the future I will simply test at an 18 amp load at that particular altitude to find out about practical power/flying performance capabilities. My light pristine P-51 will now have two spare 18 amp ESCs.

My concern was the need for greater airspeed with respect to the pilot and corresponding faster pilot reaction time in the ability needed to control airplanes at higher altitudes. So far altitude doesn't seem to be a problem so long as there is enough useful thrust being provided by the prop.

Below is part of the error message that kept popping up every time I tried to log on to RCU from my current main account. My "wingman on the web" seems to be making it impossible for hackers to stay on me continuously. I may take hours to post a message/send email, etc., but I can usually succeed if I persevere long enough.

"Server Error 500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error. Please contact the website administrator. The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes. Error Occurred While Processing Request Cannot find CFML template for custom tag bodycontent. ColdFusion attempted looking in the tree of installed custom tags but did not find a custom tag with this name. If you are using per-application custom tag mappings, ensure that per-application settings are enabled by the administrator. The error occurred in D:\RCU\members\index.cfm: line 12 10 : <cfset title_text="My Account"> 11 : 12 : <cf_bodycontent> 13 : <cfswitch expression="#fuseaction#"> 14 : <cfcase value="index">"

The key to victory seems to be to keep on having fun with our fighters, knowing that truth will ultimaely triumph.

So, FLY HIGH, FIGHT, AND WIN!

madwebtvscientist ____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:29 PM
mad web tv scientist

Hands got cold today with temperatures in the 30s. The war weary GUNFIGHTER was fairly comfortably flown while enjoying a gloved right hand. The left hand was left ungloved because of hand launching needs.

It was that first flight of the day with naked hands that stimulated the need for glove action. In really cold weather I have found it useful to have a clear plastic bag covering the transmitter to cut down on wind chill effects. With the right hand gloved and both hands inside a plastic bag with a hole in top of the bag for the antenna, reasonable comfort can be enjoyed on some of those must fly situations that can come along.

With the exception of one flying session since my last report, the DX7 Spektrum system has worked perfectly. Switching between four different planes resulted in losing bind on the P-51 that had to be re-bound before flight once. The Wildcat rudder switch had to be reversed once. But except for those two instances, nothing else really serious happened. One of my Messerschmitt channels did loose the ability to select High/low rate on individual controls. The "flap mix" switch provided high or low rate for all controls. Weird but not catastrophic. I almost never need high rate on the channels where high/low rate performs as advertised. Although I never forget to check control function before flight anymore, in all the excitement today after the first flight it dawned on me that a range check was left out of the proceedings (blush). By the way, I do have a theory about why this Chinese technology behaves the way it does, but will save it for another time. Would you believe my web tv system began to behave really strange just after I tacked on that last statement? I also still have to fight with my system just to get it to work initially - funny world we live in, huh.

It was surprising to find that the GUNFIGHTER was so far out of trim today when the seemingly very simple change of substituting a quarter inch larger diameter prop made the plane behave in such a strange manor as if torque force was unmanageable. No matter how I tried to trim the plane, it kept tip stalling to the left every time trim was adjusted and stalling performance was tested. I will probably end up with the smaller diameter proven high performance prop after I stubbornly determine that this prop that works so well on the Wildcat simply is not going to work for me on the Mustang.

So many planes, so little time!

madwebtvscientist ____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:06 PM
mad web tv scientist

I THINK I'VE GOT IT!

As with many Mustang drivers I have wondered about why the machine has such a touchy roll stability characteristic - I FOUND IT! (I think.)

Measure the distance between the CG and the prop. Measure the same distance between the CG and the prop on the Wildcat. Now then, if you add the mid wing design of the F4F vs. the low wing design of the P-51 to the equation, guess what? That high strung horse's prop torque has a lot more leverage on its center of mass (CG) than that tame little Cat does!

So, for best aerobatics control, best stable flying characteristics, give me the F4F Wildcat every time!

Combat pizzazz still belongs to the GUNFIGHTER, of course, and I AM still going to try to make good on my claim to be able to enjoy it as a "just fly at any altitude" demonstrator. I do have some work to do, no doubt it!

Yes, we must keep on flying high, fighting, and winning.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:31 PM
mad web tv scientist

Put up five (5) flights in temperatures one (1) degree above freezing today over a field that would be nice after at least a few dry days. My fighters and feet got rather wet. I think I may be becoming "acclimated" to cold hands. After the first flight the others weren't so bad. I did put my hands in my pockets a few times compliments of the comfortable trim and altitude situation. I attributed the sluggishness of the planes to the cold weather and possibly the extra moisture on them.

The quoted material below depicts a very strange situation that happened today that kept my Oregon buddy and me from getting together for a fun flying session.

" . . . Flyguy, every time I dialed your phone number today somebody else answered. Finally, I drove out to the Aumsville flying site and put up five flights with two planes on your site. . ."

We found the problem but will try to keep it secret.

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:35 PM
mad web tv scientist

LATEST GUNFIGHTER KILL

The War Weary GUNFIGHTER has been somewhat under employed lately compliments of urgent combat air Patrol sorties required by three (3) newer fighters over the battle field. Yesterday's P-51 fighter sweeps succeeded beautifully. This latest victim of the Mustang's overwhelming power and irresistible charm was caught by a well aimed devastating deflection burst of fire after three dazzling air combat maneuvering flights.

His first question was about the cost. Once he was hooked on the 51 due to its obvious affordability, I slipped in the nice flying advantages of the Wildcat that I highly recommend, while still admiring the "pizzazz advantages" of the Mustang. The thing that really closed the deal was when I offered to use my Master/Slave transmitter system to teach him how to fly without the fear of crashing. It helped a lot that he and I share foundational American cultural values that now seem to be pulling out of their power dive to oblivion.

Park Flyer fighters are just too wonderful not to share! Therefore, FLY HIGH, FIGHT, AND WIN!

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:30 PM
mad web tv scientist

THIS HAS GOT TO BE IT!

Curious about the stability proclivities of the P-51 Mustang for some time now, just out of pure frustration and a little suspicion, the anti-torque propeller offset angle was checked and compared with other PZ fighters. Both of my GUNFIGHTERS bought months apart checked out at around three (3) degrees offset. ALL OF MY OTHER FIGHTERS HAVE GREATER OFFSET TO THE RIGHT! Four (4) to five (5) degrees is what I read on all of my more stable fighters.

A very quick way to discover the seemingly serious situation is to simply hold a different stock offset powerful fighter directly over the P-51's fuselage with the center line of both planes parallel. The GUNFIGHTER'S low prop offset angle is obvious.

Please correct me if I am wrong but I think we may have finally tamed our Mustangs.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:57 PM
mad web tv scientist

"FINAL" SIDE THRUST ADJUSTMENTS?

The P-51 fighter that will continue to fly the most perilous missions over depressingly small, cluttered landing areas is now adjusted with five (5) degrees of right prop offset. Because of its primary mission to beautify the living room, the pristine condition GUNFIGHTER could only accept four (4) degrees of prop offset without "looking wrong." Since it will always use lower pitch stock props that can work adequately under most conditions it will continue to carry on as currently configured.

I am now cautiously optimistic that stable flying performance of a PZ GUNFIGHTER can now be almost as good as a PZ Wildcat. We shall see.

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif] [sm=cry_smile.gif]____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:34 PM
mad web tv scientist

The "just fly at any altitude" GUNFIGHTER performed nicely today. The two (2) degrees extra right side thrust definitely made a positive difference on both launch and rapid applied full throttle from near stalling speed at low throttle. The ship is still a little squirrelly in the roll axis on outside loops using the higher load 9.5X8 prop but the greater thrust seems to help with vertical rolling maneuvers.

More after some more tuning.

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif] [sm=cry_smile.gif]____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:48 PM
mad web tv scientist

FIRST EVER DESTROYED PZ SERVO

Hey, give the poor War Weary GUNFIGHTER a break. It has crashed a number of times and experienced a lot of bad landings and other abuse, so it is about time for something electrical to fail, okay?

Having increased the aileron exponential and the elevator deflection angles after the last flying session with the hope of being able to get in a few test flights today, the P-51 got knocked out of action by a malfunctioning aileron servo.
It gets dark quick at this latitude, so I ended up doing a lot of paint touch up work.

Hopefully, we will get some more flying weather shortly, otherwise for battery condition reasons the peak charged batteries will be discharged down below 12 volts and will not be peak charged again until acceptable flying conditions are eminent.

Yeah, I know, the rest of the squadron is grounded, too.

Looking forward to learning about other Mustang adventures in the wild blue yonder as well as participating in a few myself.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:06 PM
mad web tv scientist

TIP STALLING 51

Today's GUNFIGHTER aerobatics performance with its "high altitude" prop installed looks promising. It still has a tendency to drop to the left when deliberately stalled with any power on. With the prop stopped the plane will drop straight or either way with no preference.

In spite of the above unusual left tip stalling phenomena which I think can be minimized with various trim adjustments the rest of the flying performance now seems to be fairly well dialed in.

It's amazing how the lack of flying practice can bring on such nervousness that in turn can lead to sorry piloting ability.

'Aim High . . . Fly-Fight-Win'

Old 02-07-2011, 02:29 PM
mad web tv scientist

OH WHAT FUN! FINALLY

"Just fly at any altitude" War Weary GUNFIGHTER has finally been dialed in "trim wise" and is ready for any high altitude missions that can possibly be thrown at it. Flying it yesterday in celebration of the greatest president in modern times was actually thoroughly enjoyable in spite of the 15 MPH plus winds. Control with the extra power of the 9.5X8 modified PZ Spitfire prop, the high C battery, and the 30 Amp ESC, made what might have been a stressful flight very enjoyable.

The solution found to work nicely on that second corner of my square loops is to simply reduce throttle just after finishing the victory roll on the first vertical segment. Only enough power to comfortably hold level inverted flight is needed before performing the victory roll on the top side of the maneuver. Everything else fairly easy providing emotional control is maintained and concentration is focused. I sometimes whimp out on that diving side and end up blowing the square shape. That's okay though, after all, its only a fighter plane and isn't expected to perform perfect aerobatics. Besides, I've never had a spectator complain yet, and they are the most important part of the show in addition, of course, to me having FUN!

The usual first question yesterday's excited fighter aerobatics demonstration fan and potential new modeler asked was met with what I hope will not be among the last of encouraging answers - "Under $200" was my reply to his question about cost. Given the regimes "monetary policy" (?) who knows what the future holds?

The tendency for the 51 to tip stall to the left with low throttle settings is now very mild and irrelevant. The larger diameter high pitch prop provides enough torque at stall speed to mildly roll the plane left even with some extra right rudder trim, extra right wing tip weight, right aileron trim, and even a little extra right fixed flap drag. Straight and level flight both under power or dead stick for short periods does not seem to be noticeably affected . . . yet.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...smode_1/tt.htm is a URL that brings up other five star rated Ace Fighter threads. ENJOY! "Aim High . . . Fly-Fight-Win!"

Old 02-23-2011, 10:33 PM
Voodoo101
My Feedback: (1)

Dave,

I'm a fairly new guy to the ParkZone line. Today I received my new P-51 BL. I also ordered the short lead servo called out on the HH website. Turns out the elec. lead on the servo is too short to reach the receiver when installed in the proper location. Is this a known problem? Have they started assembling the 1080 servo with a shorter lead?

Sorry if this has already been covered in the forum. I'm not real good with the search function...though not from lack of trying.

Thanks,

Bert
Old 04-14-2011, 07:44 PM
mad web tv scientist

FINALLY CONFIRMED GUNFIGHTER

The P-51 finally confirmed its excellent flying performance capability at mile and a half high altitude. It and the accompanying PZ P-47 make a great conversation starting combination to take on missions to inspire interest in modeling.

With its 30 Amp ESC upgrade the slightly modified PZ Spitfire 10X8 prop worked so well at altitude that it will be kept on the GUNFIGHTER and tested in back to back flights with the PZ Wildcat to see if there are any maneuvering disadvantages with the larger diameter prop at low altitude. If not the 51 will be like the 47. No changes will be necessary to enjoy these "JUST FLY AT ANY ALTITUDE" fighters.

(Please check post # 493 for sig - a danger of experimentation and going wherever the data leads is that "comfortable cherished concepts" can be threatened. Such revolting behavior can, of course, provoke retaliation. So, what would bona fide fighter pilot mentality do with the provocative information located on the following URL: http://www.emediapress.com )

Old 04-29-2011, 09:02 PM
mad web tv scientist

LOW ALTITUDE REPORT

Unlike the newly confirmed "Just fly at any altitude" PZ P-47 that beautifully uses the same prop for every practical altitude, the GUNFIGHTER requires a lighter load at low altitude than what works well for optimum performance higher up. The 9.25" and 9.5" cut down Spit 10X8 props are now the "high performance" lower altitude choise to be used with the 30 Amp ESC equiped P-51. The identically tuned Wildcat will normally be taken on missions that could involve some action at higher altitudes than is normal as well. The F4F will normally serve as a back-up demonstrator. The 10" and 9.5" versions of the Spitfire prop will be kept available mainly for employment at the highest practical altitude missions .

Since the afore mentioned exciting new science business is now being teamed up with fighter planes compliments of the fighterace in the next URL for the benifit of both, it seems appropriate to advertise what has been recognized as PLASMA IGNITION "THE SINGLE MOST ELEGANT METHOD IN AUTOMOTIVE HISTORY - http://www.whitedragonpress.com/go.p...hterace&pid=11

My favorite technology because I can explain how it works is located on:
http://www.emediapress.com/go.php?of...ghterace&pid=9
http://www.emediapress.com/go.php?of...hterace&pid=20 is also very interesting and has been in use for quite a while - so much for the quality of "our media" (?).
Old 05-27-2011, 06:34 PM
mad web tv scientist

Just Fly at any altitude GUNFIGHTER fine tuned report.

The P-51 evidently hit the ground a little too hard on my last landing. An aileron servo arm was broken off on one side of the wing and an original custom triangle shape "aileron servo guard" was knocked off the other side of the wing. Fortunately, the servos were not noticeably damaged. A new spare servo arm was installed as well as was much stronger and larger servo arm protectors. The carbon fiber reinforced cowling had also suffered some small cracks that were repaired as well.

Final lateral balance by adjusting weight in the wing tip(s) has been made and with its modified 9.5 PZ Spitfire prop the Mustang should be good to go for any mission up to two miles altitude. Higher than that the "tips modified" and/or stock bladed PZ Spitfire prop will be used.

The DX7 had lost "bind" since the last flying session, and rudder needed to be reversed. Because of this phenomena a permanently installed plug in the receiver with confidently long wires is installed making the rebinding process easy to accomplish.

The "War Weary GUNFIGHTER" continues to be my first-into-battle fighter. Anything else follows after the leader has softened the enemy up.

The scientific/cultural revolution continues to make gains in spite of heavy losses (loss of any enthusiastic model fighter pilot poster is a heavy loss). An UNSTOPPABLE BREAKOUT EVENT involved in the battle has just been posted on MAD WEB TV SCIENTIST PAGE http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...IST/index.html

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...smode_1/tt.htm is a URL that brings up four and five star rated Ace Fighter threads that suggests their modeling advertising power.

ENJOY! "Aim High . . . Fly-Fight-Win!"

madwebtvscientist [sum=lol.gif] [sum=cry_smile.gif]____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:29 PM
mad web tv scientist

SPARE 1800mAh 15C 3 cell batteries tested in the GUNFIGHTER in 60 degree plus weather showed that the slower speed in the climbing side on a square loop rolls too slow on low rate. The additional weight of the larger lower "C" battery than I normally perfer to use forced me to flip on the high rate switch to enjoy the maneuver with victory rolls on the flat sides. I have since increased aileron deflection to allow comfortable performance on low rate.

Out!
Old 06-16-2011, 11:35 AM
mad web tv scientist

[:@] NO GUTS, NO GLORY!

GUNFIGHTER bites the dust! Discretion being the better part of valor, would have dictated that I stand down on the latest critical mission to test a new "just fly at any altitude" prop yesterday, but no, not our hero who just had to put up a test flight in a 19 plus MPH wind.

Things went deceptively well during the flight right down to about one second before touchdown on the spinner, prop and right wing tip.

More later after repairs!

Out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.