Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

I NEED SOME HELP ON A GOOD 4CH.

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

I NEED SOME HELP ON A GOOD 4CH.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Rc_Freak_30
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I NEED SOME HELP ON A GOOD 4CH.

I have been looking for a nice plane to get for a while now and finally have the money for it. This will be my second plane after a flyzone skyfly which i mastered. I am looking for a nice 4ch that will have speed and aerobatics but not to hard to fly.The price has to be around 150 for a RTF!!! O, also i am flying at a park! Thanks

ANYSUGGESTIONSAREMUCHAPPRETIATED!!!!!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:08 PM
OEMFlyer

Default RE: I NEED SOME HELP ON A GOOD 4CH.

Rc Freak 30:
That is a tall order for a 4 channel rtf in that price range. A good progression from the Skyfly would be a Hobbyzone Super Cub. It is about 170$ but it is also 3 channel.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Rc_Freak_30

Not really. I could find a lot of 4 ch. for under that price. Prolly not good but i could find them, and i think i am a little more experienced that a supercub. I mastered the skyfly with basically everything you can do with the thing. Now its like boring cause its so easy to fly. As i say, go big or go home.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:32 PM
andrewtexas123

Funny that your signature says "GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!" your contradicting your self. Your not giving your self enough money to buy your self a decent plane my suggestion is save up a little more and your plane is gonna end up being a lot better quality then what you can afford now. In the long run its gonna save you money, patients, anger, frustration, and more. Trust me on this one. Look up mayby a multiplex mini mag 3ch with option of 4th channel flys great I have had to it is very forgiving and it has some power when you need it and does loops/rolls with little effort.

My 2 cents.. Any questions feel free to ask!
Andrew
Old 06-08-2009, 09:52 PM
lejongleur
My Feedback: (10)

I think that RC Freak's signature is intended to say 'Go For It' rather than 'spend a lot of money', right?  But I agree with andrewtexas that you will be much happier in the short term if you can get something a bit more substantial for your first 4ch.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:09 AM
andrewtexas123

Might be that way but in my mind it is do it right the first time or go home. Guess it can be seen in many ways!

Andrew
Old 06-09-2009, 06:06 AM
Rc_Freak_30

what if i spent 200???? Any suggestions then?

Old 06-09-2009, 09:17 AM
andrewtexas123

Much better.. I will give you a couple more suggestions later today.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNXV2&P=FR

Andrew
Old 06-10-2009, 02:40 PM
R/C FLYR
My Feedback: (1)

Hello, try the parkzone T-28 Trojan,you can get it with their radio, or you can get it PNP with your choice of what 4 channel you want to use, it is a great flying plane with good power and decent speed, and the tricycle gear makes for smooth landings, the PNPis 179.99 R/C FLYR
Old 06-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Rc_Freak_30

any other suggestions???????
Old 06-12-2009, 06:06 PM
derek2005

The parkzone options that are popular in that price range are the Trojan, Corsair (low wing), and I like the Stryker C. All provide great performance and affordability. The Stryker is basically a flying wing so it uses elevons instead of elevator, ailerons and rudder. It is fast and fun though. There are quite a few planes in the $200 price range in either PNP or RTF packages. You should look into getting a good radio and then you can either get PNP or ARFs and you won't keep collecting junk RTF gear. You can get a pretty decent 72mhz computer radio for little cash since most are going for 2.4 systems. I have a JR 600 that is great for sport flying. Stick with good brands: Parkzone, Eflite, Hangar 9, and others. If you find something you like, post it before you buy it and get input. Are you wanting foam or balsa?

Good luck!
Old 06-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Rc_Freak_30

hey derek thanks for the suggestions. I was looking at these two planes. What do you guys think would be best????

http://parkflyers.com/html/rc_cessna_182_pro.html

http://parkflyers.com/html/ready_to_...s__world_.html
Old 06-12-2009, 10:20 PM
derek2005

The cesna has gotten good reviews. It has some very nice scale touches, brushless motor, 4 ch, and I thought about getting it. I would shy away from the mustang for now. I don't know much about that particular model, but they do tend to land fast and require a bit more experience. I do hear good things about parkflyers.com however. I think the cesna is a decent choice. The landing gear requires a fairly smooth surface to ROG, or hand launch instead. It is fairly aerobatic and should allow you to grow your skills. There are forums on this plane here and at rcgroups.com. Check those out first as you will most likely learn all of its strengths and weaknesses.

Good luck!
Old 06-13-2009, 11:04 AM
Rc_Freak_30

i dont now what to buy guys!!! I have looked for several days and everything has mixed reviews on it. Can anyone give me a suggestion of the best plane onn the market for the cheepest price???
Old 06-13-2009, 01:44 PM
andrewtexas123

ORIGINAL: derek2005

The parkzone options that are popular in that price range are the Trojan, Corsair (low wing), and I like the Stryker C. All provide great performance and affordability. The Stryker is basically a flying wing so it uses elevons instead of elevator, ailerons and rudder. It is fast and fun though. There are quite a few planes in the $200 price range in either PNP or RTF packages. You should look into getting a good radio and then you can either get PNP or ARFs and you won't keep collecting junk RTF gear. You can get a pretty decent 72mhz computer radio for little cash since most are going for 2.4 systems. I have a JR 600 that is great for sport flying. Stick with good brands: Parkzone, Eflite, Hangar 9, and others. If you find something you like, post it before you buy it and get input. Are you wanting foam or balsa?

Good luck!
derek2005,
I gotta disagree going from a 3ch to a 4ch low wing is not recommended and its gonna be alot harder to learn. A trojan or corsair would be pushing it he could probably get away with it but no way Iwould recommend a stryker it just wont last. Good points on the cessna and mustang though.

Rcfreak30,
The cessna looks good its a complete package with every thing like derek was saying it does have some god features included!The radio is 2.4ghz which is very common and you will not have any problems with range or interference with it like the older FM/AM radios. Its got a lipo which will give you longer flight times and its lighter. It even comes with a balance charger! And even if you wanted to get the mustang its not due in till mid july which probably end up showing up end of july early august.

Istill think the mini mag is your best bet and there is a huge thread on RCGwith plenty of mods and info on it.

Andrew

Old 06-13-2009, 10:05 PM
cjg

I went from 3 channel Super cub to Trojan. The Trojan, though low win, is very stable. I only had to get used to the extra speed.  Trojan was a good next step.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:17 PM
CBM Racing

Also depends on the size of your park as well. I have the parkzone corsair and it flies fantastic, decent speed, but floats a long way on landing. So if you have less than a bbdiamond to land in I wouldn't recommend it, also takes a lot more than a bb diamond to fly around in, a lot more room than you'd think. Multiplex has some good planes that are rx ready as well. Or if room is cramped, look at some of the gws planes. If your park is fairly good sized, then the corsair or trojan are topnotch stuff and easy to fly.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:36 PM
derek2005

I agree with the multiplex planes. They have a great reputation. The mini mag especially has a big following. Their foam is great stuff.

I also agree that the stryker could be too much. It was my second plane coming from an underpowered hobbico cub. It was such a breeze to fly. It can be fast, but it can fly sooo very slow as well. Landings are a sinch and it is quite durable. It's downside is it's speed for a relative newbie, but you don't have to fly it fast. I found it to be a great second plane.

My first choice of planes was the Trojan when I was looking for an aileron plane. I do like the mini mag as well. I think if you were to get either of those planes, you would find success and a huge group of fellow flyers to help you out on RCU and RC Groups.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:43 PM
andrewtexas123

ORIGINAL: derek2005

My first choice of planes was the Trojan when I was looking for an aileron plane. I do like the mini mag as well. I think if you were to get either of those planes, you would find success and a huge group of fellow flyers to help you out on RCU and RC Groups.
Agreed

Old 06-15-2009, 06:27 AM
Rc_Freak_30

i decided to get the parkflyers cessna 182 after further searching. I really liked the plane because it had a 2.4 ghs transmitter and reciever and it has a lipo battery and charger. It looks like a really nice plane. ill let you guys know if i like it or not when it gets here. Appreciate all of the suggestions all of you guys made.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:13 AM
derek2005

I think you made a good choice. I really like that plane and I hope all goes well with it. Let us know how you are doing with it.

Good Luck and Enjoy!
Old 06-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Rc_Freak_30

thanks buddy. ill let you know how everything goes!
Old 06-17-2009, 04:59 PM
Rc_Freak_30

just got it today. so far i love it. It came really nice in the box with great packaging and no damage at all to the plane. Put it all together today and it looks really nice! Its got a beautiful scale look and their is no glitches with any of the servos or anything. It also came with a free simulator! So far its looking awesome, just cant wait to take it to the field.!!! ill let you guys know when i fly it!

jordan
Old 06-17-2009, 06:42 PM
derek2005

Congrats on the new plane. I can't wait to hear how it does. I am still considering this one for its scale looks and ease of flight. I am curious to hear first hand how it does.

Derek
Old 06-17-2009, 08:48 PM
andrewtexas123

I would recommend trying that simulator first before you take it out for its maiden! How about some pictures?

Congrats on the new plane and good look with its maiden voyage!

Andrew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.