Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Is the Wild Hawk worth the money?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Is the Wild Hawk worth the money?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 11:46 AM
time bandit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the Wild Hawk worth the money?

I am thinking about getting this plane to ease back into r/c and I'm interested in electric and small field stuff. Who has purchased this outfit and how did you like it? I realize that it probably comes with cheaper electronics but for the price can you beat it? Can anybody hear reccomend something better along these same lines for $80.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:51 AM
canadianmaple09

Default RE: Is the Wild Hawk worth the money?

I've never heard of the Wild Hawk personally, but as you suggested, you get what you pay for. If I were you I would look to spend a bit more, probably in the $150-200 range, and for that money you can get a very good quality park flyer. Look at the Parkzone and HobbyZone lines of park flyers. Those are about as cheap as you can go and still get a good quality kit. If you buy an $80 plane it is really more of a toy and will probably not last more than one flying season, two at best. On the other hand, I bought a ParkZone J-3 Cub (the original, not the new brushless version) 5 years ago and it is still flying with the original motor and battery pack. So if you balance it out, not including any unfortunate crashes that total your plane, you will probably get more "bang" for your buck by spending a bit more and getting a quality product. Just my two cents.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Sir Raleigh

I don't have a Wild Hawk, but I've seen others who do flying it.

As a general rule the Wild Hawk is worth what they're asking. It's an Easy Star knockoff and flies very similar to one. The foam isn't quite as robust, but repairs are easy enough.

The equivalent EasyStar RTF Electric Parkflyer is $190.00. http://www.hobby-lobby.com/easystar-rtf_7009_prd1.htm

However, if you're willing to spend $190 for the Easy Star I'd suggest the Hobbyzone Super Cub instead for about $170. http://www.hobby-lobby.com/super_cub...hQueryId=88344

Bill
Old 08-02-2009, 03:49 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if you bought one of the Wild Hawks or not, but for the money I don't think it can be beat. Such and easy and docile plane to break into the 3 channel area with. And so easy to fix. I'm on my second one now and loving every minute of it. My 5 year old has already learned how to do loops, even did an inside one on accident.

WELLWORTHTHEMONEY!