Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone T-28 vs Corsiar.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 05:05 PM
zsultan
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone T-28 vs Corsiar.

Hi Guys,

I am debating whether to get T-28 or Corsair? I read somewhere that they both almost similar? is it true?

Since Corsair is tail dragger, is it difficult to land? I want to get into war birds (tail draggers) so inclined towards corsair.

I have flown T-28 year ago and also had stryker. I am getting back after around i would say year and a half ( i am not great in landing). Can land T-28 OK (not very smooth) and i primarily fly helicopters.

Which one do you guys recommend?

BTW, i got an messerschmitt last week and totalled it today on landing :-) want something i can handle.

Please advise.

Thanks
Old 01-10-2010, 09:19 PM
OEMFlyer

Default RE: Parkzone T-28 vs Corsiar.

Tail draggers aren't nessisarily more difficult to take off and land just a little different. When taxiing a tail dragger it is best to keep up elevator on to keep pressure on the tail wheel so you can steer. Most scale tail draggers have a very small tail wheel. If you are not concerned about the looks installing a larger tail wheel will help with ground handling. During roll out for take off ease the elevator back to neutral. when the tail comes up input slight up elevator and you are in the air. Landing is prettty much the same as with tricycle gear. Once you flare and set doun on the runway again add up elevator after you slow down to keep the tail on the ground so you can steer. As for the Parkzone Trojan vs. Corsair The both have their merits. The Trojan handles better on the ground than the Corsair (bigger wheels and tricycle gear). They both fly very similar. The Trojan being a little more forgiving. The Corsair may be a bit faster and of coarse about the coolest looking war bird in the air (mho). Having flown both my preferance is still the Trojan tho.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:58 PM
zsultan
My Feedback: (35)

OEMFlyer,

Thank you very much for your response, do you land corsair with dead stick as trojan? and does corsair floats like trojan on dead stick landing? i flew trojan before and it gives you lot of time to correct your mistakes while landing, is the corsair same?

I am really concerned about landing, do they both have the same feel and technique to land?

Thanks
Old 01-11-2010, 03:47 AM
LarryV

I have a Corsair and find it very easy to land. into the wind or no wind, no problems. If you add flaps, landings are very short and beautiful. I cut power to 0 on final and it just glides in and touches down like the real thing. If you fly in the desert like I do be sure to give it up elevator to keep the tail down or it might nose over if it hits a small rock.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:53 AM
lbarnes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go with the T-28. We have 2 members that have the Corsair and on grass they will nose over on every landing. We have tried to adjust the landing gear so the wheels are at or in front of the leading edge, bigger wheels but they still nose over.

It isn't a big deal but you cant taxi them back without getting stuck. If you flying off hard surface the no problems just keep the elevator at full up when taxing around.

Another issue is the foam. The T-29 is a EPP foam and will take a real beating before breaking, the Corsair is a different foam and will crack easier than the T-28.

What every you decide you will have fun....

They are a blast to fly.

Just my $.02 worth

Larry
Old 01-11-2010, 10:54 AM
johnpcunningham

zsultan,

I own all of the PZ warbird planes and I would have to say the T-28 (blue) is the best one of the bunch. It is the easiest to land and hs lots of room under the canopy as compared to the others. The Corsair's wheel mounts have atendency to come loose after a few hard landings and require some hot glue to keep the attached. By no means am I saying that is the only plane to get, but the T-28 is built a little better thatn the Corsair.

As for the BF-109, I found that putting the ailerons in spoileron mode (both up) on take offs and landings make it float nicely. I found this is also true for the T-28 and Corsair. Flaperon mode makes it worse because of the washout it causes hich results in tip stalls.

Hope this helps,

JC