Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

How long is the GWS Stik STICK?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

How long is the GWS Stik STICK?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 12:47 PM
RobStagis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long is the GWS Stik STICK?

*sigh* I went to build my GWS Stik (actually, a J3S - stik with yellow wings) and I must've used the fuse stick for something in the distant past. I don't remember what I used it for!!!

Does anyone know how long the danged thing is? Even better, the stick dimensions would be good, but I've got both spruce and balsa downstairs and can strip anything to size.....the box lists the plane as 26.6" long, but I'm sure that includes the prop and tail surfaces...

Thanks.
Old 07-19-2003, 11:34 AM
eflyer2

The stick length is not critical to a point, if you keep it between 24"~ 26" you should be golden.

PS- basswood seems to work best, $1.25 at the LHS.

Good luck,
Old 07-20-2003, 02:22 AM
KillerWatt

Hi Rob....... my GWS replacement sticks are exactly 22 inches long...... the correct height and thickness is whatever fits tightly within your GWS wing and IPS gearmotor mountings.... I would use the stiffest type wood for that purpose as it's prone to twist during lively flying.......... kw