RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/)
-   -   Badius Owners Club III (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/6371525-badius-owners-club-iii.html)

CaptainRandy 01-13-2008 07:53 PM

RE: Badius Owners Club III

1 Attachment(s)
Doug,

Wow! 17 degrees and Snow, Sounds like you need a Beaver with Skis.

It was 85 degrees here today. Kind of hot for January. I was outside all day doing an art show, and got some suntan[8D]

Had a GREAT DAY!:D

Tim,

Here is a couple of pictures of my SU motor mount. This was after my fatal crash last week, when I slammed full speed into my friends SUV. She was severed in two pieces, but is repairable as always.

CaptainRandy 01-13-2008 07:54 PM

What the Heck happened to the picture again?

ktaylor 01-13-2008 08:19 PM

OK, as you guys know, we had a secret mission going on. I sent out the massive Pm to everyone begging donations for a special project. Well, the cat is out of the bag. Brad replied to my begging with, oh,, well, um, I just ordered a T-Rex 600 for him about an hour & 1/2 ago. Something he was cooking with Terry for the scratch & dent T-rex at GrandRC.com Cool, so, anyhow, I talked to Terry I can Mess Up a Wet Dream Elvers. And let him know that the new T-rex is paid for by the Badius Boys and that I already let his wifey know so that he won't be in trouble. SO I also asked him for a shopping list of what he needs for parts. I believe Lou has him covered on the servos and Terry has his own butt covered on a Gyro, so that just leaves the battery packs and a UBEC.

I was a little disappointed, cause I totally wanted to see if we could somehow manage to get Joanne to video Terry opening the box & start getting all teary eyed. ;) So, now, by default Brad is our banker on this one. I'll send out a PM to all of you guys so you can paypal Brad the funds that you all pledged.

Terry, you're a putz. Hope you enjoy it. The Heli does come with a disclaimer. After you have all the respective parts for the Heli, you have 60 days to get some video of you flying it or it gets sent to myself or Lou, and you know that in our hands it will get crashed. [:o] Cause Lou sux, and I have this habit of crashing. Also, this comes from the group. Even our overseas friends are in on this as is our new teenager. We tried to get Fahim to just let us sign his name in with it since we remember how it is being a teenager, money not being easy to come by. He wouldn't have anyo of it & said it's his money & was going to put some money in on the it whether we wanted him to or not.[8D]

TerryE 01-13-2008 08:25 PM

Guys;

I just got off of the phone with Ken......

What can I say? You guys TOTALLY blow me away.

Thank You !

That seems like such a small thing to say, and so inadequate for what you guys have done. I am truly in awe of your generosity.

Ken told me it was a group effort, and I want to thank each and every one of you.

I don't know what else to say, except thanks.

Stand by for a build log, and video :)

Terry

ktaylor 01-13-2008 08:44 PM

oh, Terry, remember the sudden interest in what kind of radio you & everyone else has? We were checking to see if you had a radio that could fly the T-rex.

Airbourne in Japan 01-13-2008 08:48 PM

well my daughter was covered in spots this morning and of course it's yet another holiday here and so all the clinics are closed, which just leaves the emergency hospital and a long wait. however my wife has a friend who is a doctor and her husband is the kid's doctor also, and they were at the clinic and told us to come on over. yep, chickenpox, so my daughter will be home all this week, so that means no building for me because as she's only 3 1/2, there's always something she wants daddy to do or get etc. so maybe 16 more planes gonna get built before spring, 15 done already. as it happens i'm starting two 4 hour a week jobs this week for the next 5 weeks, so i'm pretty busy now, but it should be ok as my wife will do the unheard of thing and take some time off work when i'm working

hey Terry, great you are gonna get the heli of your dreams. i felt kind of guilty with my post to you when you said your wife would kill you if you bought it, i thought you were being henpecked, i didn't realize you'd had alsorts of employment problems, so sorry and happy hovering !!!:D:D:D

export! 01-13-2008 09:22 PM

Hay Phil,

If I post some closeups of my Cub debacle can you give me some advice on how to proceed fixin' it???

Thanks!

FERNDALE AIR FORCE 01-13-2008 09:31 PM

Terry, in fact I am considering a new radio, and am interested that many of us fly with computer radios. Lot's of flash 5's showed up. Thanks Carl. I hope the heli brings many hours of happy flying and fixing:D:D.

I did get about 15 minutes of flying with the cessna this evening, OK the second battery was "in the gloaming" as they say. The street light was on but I could not see the led on the esc. I know I live on the southern edge of the pacific northwest, I can tell by the wind and rain and the fact that the sun comes up on the east south east. But I have no interest in the weather impeeding my flying;);). The worst part is that tomorrow morning I'll be running the forge, and the weather will be perfect, and I'll be heating and beating feet for a large run of custom bread baskets. Such is life.

Airbourne in Japan 01-13-2008 09:50 PM

this decathlon from uh is quite interesting, i might get it. i think it's an art tech model. unfortunately it only runs on a 2s pack, but a lipo comes with it. ummm and it's rtf https://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITED...idProduct=5795

Tim, this also looks like a good plane for you

patnchris 01-13-2008 10:26 PM

It says in the spec's that it will run on 2S or 3S......Pat

ktaylor 01-13-2008 10:30 PM

Still no winner on the Looto,, couple sort of close guesses...

nyflyer56 01-13-2008 10:31 PM

Scott,
no problem, post pics, and I will advise.

FERNDALE AIR FORCE 01-13-2008 11:09 PM

Lotto 50

Ken, after the bug I'm supposed to quit buying planes for a while. The decathalon looks just like what I like. Maybe in july. Thanks.

Tim

five-string 01-14-2008 12:06 AM

new day here....Jan 14th loto....#60

FERNDALE AIR FORCE 01-14-2008 12:18 AM

lotto 70

Tim

export! 01-14-2008 12:26 AM

Looto 38

FERNDALE AIR FORCE 01-14-2008 12:52 AM

OOps, sorry Ken, It's Doug waving that under my nose.

Tim

BendR 01-14-2008 12:59 AM

WOW a lot can happen when you don't log in for a few days. Loads of great flight reports!!

Had a great chat with Lou last night and as he was being a sleepy head when I called, TEGE answered the phone and I had the pleasure of talking with her for about 15 minutes.

GG, that not so LHS sounds like a dream! I hope like hello that I make it to the fly-n this year and I agree with phil, we need to check it out.

GG, Ken, you have mail.

Time for the morning gaggle:eek:

gunfighterII 01-14-2008 07:14 AM

Lotto #50

ktaylor 01-14-2008 08:24 AM

Mac, 50 was already guessed,, guess again.

gunfighterII 01-14-2008 08:44 AM

Excuse me! I must have missed another one.:eek::eek:

Geez! It was only 8 posts ago.:eek: I must really be paying attention.:)

CaptainRandy 01-14-2008 09:02 AM

Ken,

Who guessed 50? I was trying to keep track. Must have missed that one.

My guess 25

What happened to Sray? he missed three days of guessing

TerryE 01-14-2008 09:19 AM

Good morning guys;

Well, I am really sleepy. I kept waking up and wondering if I was dreaming about the heli...then remembered I was not, and was just blown away all over again. You guys are great and way too generous.

At 4:00 I decided that I was too excited to sleep anymore, so got up and started looking for build threads, etc. I have already found a video build thread, and have downloaded and watched the first parts.

I feel like a 10 year old on Christmas morning :D

Thanks again - that seems like such an inadequate thing to say, but I just don'y know any other words. You guys are the best.

Terry

nyflyer56 01-14-2008 09:42 AM

Lotto.......37

Snowing... Yuk, off to work

TerryE 01-14-2008 09:48 AM

Mark;

Here is a unique wing for you to build:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=800940

Stacked mugi's :D