Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Learn How to Improve Your Setup (from an F3A National Champion)

Community
Search
Notices

Learn How to Improve Your Setup (from an F3A National Champion)

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2024, 09:01 AM
bwick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Learn How to Improve Your Setup (from an F3A National Champion)

I want to introduce you all to my new RC Flight School, RCFlight.Academy, and perhaps tempt you to join the 50+ other purposeful pilots striving to improve themselves and their setups.

RCFlight.Academy

RC Flight Academy is your destination for professional grade instruction in RC flight. When I first started contemplating this project in the fall of 2023 I decided that above all else I need to dedicate myself to a mission I cared about. My time competing in RC precision aerobatics has taught me many lessons vital to my life now as a career pilot, father, and person so in an effort to pay it forward I've made it my mission to grow the sport of precision aerobatics and inspire a love of competition in new generations.

Who Am I?

My name is Brett Wickizer and I'm the 2023 USA F3A National Champion, 5-time member of the gold winning USA F3A World Championship Team, Cofounder of CK Aero (www.CKAero.net), FAA Certified Flight Instructor, Jacksonville University adjunct professor of Aviation, and Captain at a corporate flight department on a Citation X. More important than that, I'm a husband and father of two boys. My extensive competitive and professional experience in aviation is now colored by the responsibility of fatherhood and duty to nurture the next generation.

World Class Flight Controls Course

My World Class Flight Controls course is the first attempt at furthering this mission and sharing the many lessons I've learned competing at the highest levels for the last 20 years. The course guides you through the Foundational Conceptsthat underpin a world class flight control setup. Then we talk about the details of Implementation. Things like servo selection, transmitter programming, required mixes, and more are discussed. Then to finish up we Optimize, Personalize, and Improve your setup so that you know how to truly make it yours.

The course is primarily video content. There is an approximate total run-time of 6.5 hours, separated into over 35 separate videos with an average run-time of about 10 minutes. You can learn at your own pace and in as short or long as a session as works for you. Also included in the course is an extensive audio discussion with Bryan Hebert of CK Aero on your linkage setup, several informational PDFs which review key concepts, quizzes after every lesson to review key points, the ability to ask me questions directly on every lesson, and life-time access to the course including any future updates.

World Class Flight Controls is just the beginning though! Keep up with RC Flight Academy on Facebook and Instagram for future updates and courses. Visit the website https://www.rcflight.academy to sign up for instant access. Get started today so you can apply what you learn to the 2024 season!
The following users liked this post:
DRC1 (02-25-2024)