Notices
Polks Hobby Tracker Radio Support, hosted by Lewis Polk

elevators

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 08:28 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default elevators

help i cant get elevators with 2servos on ch2&5 or2&7 to work. went through the p mix 1 set % both ways nothing works , only a reversing y ... any ideas why it dont work. oh yeah 1servo only will work not the slave ch.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:52 AM

Default RE: elevators

Did you set the mix to a switch and make sure that switch is turned on? The T3's mixes will not work unless they are assigned to a switch, so you can't do an "always on" mix.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:30 PM

montague: thanks it works now! but i don't like the switch idea,but ill live with it for now. i wanted to ask something else and forgot what it was, oh well!! getting old i guess .
Old 11-08-2005, 12:41 PM

Yes, the switch thing is a real problem in that kind of case. Just be very careful not to hit it in flight!
Old 11-08-2005, 02:55 PM

thanks i hope i dont, i just remembered the ? i was going to ask, how does polk come up with 10 programable mixes, 5 p mixes and 2split mixes only come to 7mixes there are 3 missing am i wrong?
ORIGINAL: Montague
getting old is not for sissies
Old 11-08-2005, 03:33 PM

There is a built in aileron<=>rudder mix that works a lot like an S-mix.

I'm not sure, but they might be counting things like flaperon, elevon, and V-tail as well.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:53 PM
My Feedback: (2)

I used ch 2 & 5 for my elev mix. The thing I dont like is I wish the ch selected for the slave could be turned off of a switch. When I use ch 6 or 7, the knob on the front of the radio has to be dead centered in order for both elev halves to line up. I used ch 5 so all I have to do is flip the switch to the center position for proper alignment and I also have the mix to switch E (the ch 5 switch) so pmix1 will be on when the servo is centered. This way I can use a wheel collar to lock the switch in place so I cant bump it off. I guess this is another suggestion for Lewis. I know you are going to make the mixes selectable to "on all the time", but can you also see about being able to turn a channel off of its switch? Its hard for me to explain but I hope you understand what I am trying to say. I guess you could call it a "free" channel not controled by a switch but can be turned on or off. It would not be much good to have an "all the time on" mix when if the switch is bumped, it still makes one elevator half go full up in one direction and full down in the other direction. Thanks for listening to my ramblings and I hope this helps with your elevator setup.

Dave
my hanger:[link=http://skypilit.rcuniverse.com]skypilit.rcuniverse.com[/link]
Old 11-09-2005, 01:11 AM

I *think* you can set the channel 5 EPA to 0 and the switch will basically do nothing, but the mix will still work. If it doesn't work for a switch I think it works for a knob, but it's been a while since I tried that specific thing. Let me know if that works or not.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:48 PM
My Feedback: (2)

I'll have to try that. It would be nice if it works. Thanks Montague.

Dave
My hanger:[link=http://skypilit.rcuniverse.com]skypilit.rcuniverse.com[/link]
Old 11-10-2005, 10:19 PM

To disable ch6 knob, turn Flap Rate Adjust to 0% IIRC. Have to try the EPA, but IIRC, it doesn't work. I believe the EPA is after the mix. On the ones I use ch5 for 2nd aileron servo, I know the ch5 switch is useful as a 'Crash now' switch.