Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Somethin' Extra CG

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 04:08 PM
funflyer06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Somethin' Extra CG

Where is the best place to have the CG set for a Somethin' Extra. I think I currently have it set 1" behind the spar. Should I go back a little further or leave it where it its?
Old 07-31-2003, 04:53 PM
wildnloose

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Only you can answer that question (its based on your skills and how you like to fly).

I had mine set at that very spot and like the way it flies.
Old 07-31-2003, 05:58 PM
funflyer06

Ok well, I like how it flies now but I would like it a little wildier. Better in spins and maybe some 3d stuff. What is your oppinion?
Old 07-31-2003, 07:08 PM
wildnloose

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Move it back (maybe 1/4 in at a time) until she flies like you want her to...

I know a guy who has it waaaayyyyy back (don't know how far), but let say it gives new meaning to the word "tail dragger." I flew it, did not like it....he loves it that way (easy hovering, harriering, inverted tail dragging, etc.).
Old 07-31-2003, 07:14 PM
BotleRocketWar

Wildnloose is right, only you can decide what is best...

I'll say that I flew mine with it 2 inches back from the wing tube. It starts getting scary when you go that far... I'd say about 1.5 inches back from the spar is as far as I'd go for it to keep flying like an airplane.

Even when it was that far back, it still took a decent amount of elevator for inverted flight. I never did figure that one out...

I'd say just slowly move it back more and more until your happy with it...The SE won't bite you too bad if you go too far.