Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Servos for Knife?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 05:05 PM
TI_Ag
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servos for Knife?

I have a Knife ARF and Irvine .53 on the way. I'm trying to decide on the flight pack now.

It seems like Hitec HS225bb would be a good fit. They have more torque than standards and are faster, lighter.

Anyone try this before or have a better idea (opinion)?

Thanks,
Justin
Old 08-01-2003, 09:19 PM
JIVE TURKEY

Many-o-discussions here about servos, those in particular (do a search). Some people love-um, but at least as many seem to hate-um! I've tried them and think they have there place in the hobby, just not on a fun-fly's huge controll surfaces (great throttle servo if you allready have one, but I wouldn't spend the money). Main reason you'll find for this is there gear train is too fragile, even m.g. ones (any mini servo will will be fragile) , unless you want to be constantly changing gears, I don't, I'd rather be flying. Also possible centering issues.

My personal choice for ff servos (I have a knife), is futaba 3003 or 3004's. There light (for a standard) durable, cheap and reliable.

I here airtronic standard servo's are stronger than most, cheap, reliable, durable.....
Old 08-01-2003, 09:26 PM
Texas 3D
My Feedback: (16)

well, I am flying Hitec 225's in my Sudokhoi, and absolutely love them. Make sure you get the MG ones and not the BB ones. Those will strip very easy. Ask me how I know. Get the Hitec 225MG's and have fun. Save some weight too.
Old 08-02-2003, 12:53 AM
Hacker

I'M with jive...must have 24 of em...never a problem, even after a crash in the lake
Old 08-02-2003, 01:00 AM
JWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

I have tried them and they usually fail. I am at the point where all I will use is Airtronics standard servos, I have never had one of them fail. Jeff Williams
Old 08-02-2003, 02:21 PM
Texas 3D
My Feedback: (16)

Originally posted by JWilliams
I have tried them and they usually fail. I am at the point where all I will use is Airtronics standard servos, I have never had one of them fail. Jeff Williams
which ones are those Jeff ?