Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

OMP Fusion 67": electric conversion: please help

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

OMP Fusion 67": electric conversion: please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 02:36 PM
uragano47812

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMP Fusion 67": electric conversion: please help

Well i have the Fusion ARF with the old scheme from a lot of time now but i didn't use it so much unfortunately (it flyes so good). Well it is equipped with the 120AX with stock muffler (empty) with 17X6 APC.

Now since the plane is so good and it will starting to loose soon the monocote for the dirt fuel, and since i have at already some lipo packs and motors and ESC i started to think to convert it to electric.

At the moment i have:
Scorpion 4025-12
Platinum ESC 70A (105A max) HV
6s 4000mah and 2650mah
4s 4000mah

The motor is the same that most use on AJ 3DHS Slick 70" with 6s setup so i think it will work ok. But for the lateral balance i'm thinking that it is better to use 2x4s setup so i can put them one per side in the fuel tank zone and also i can put down the max Amp. But with 8s i will need another motor with less kv so i see this at hobbycity

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=7709

Also the comments are quite good on plane in the same target size of the Fusion like this one:

"Very good motor! on my sebart su29s 140 (5 kg)with zippy 5000mAh 8s and sentilon ESC:
apcE 19x8 60A 1920W @ fixed point - good for 3D flights
apce 17x8 52A 1660W @fixed point - good for pattern aerobatics
Total flight time in pattern aerobatics flight: 9 min with 20% residual charge.
Look for the ESC timing setting! Sentilon100A may be setting to HIGH timing!
Good construction & nice flight! "

i read that also 3DHS Slick can use 8s setup with the right motor but i don't now which one.

So this is my idea what do you think? I'm in the right way?

Now with the price of the lipos and the faster charge i think it is one thing to try.

Let me know because i'm ready to order the parts needed.

Thanks from Italy
Old 12-30-2010, 01:43 PM
marc 540
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OMP Fusion 67

Sounds good to me. I just converted my 79'' fusion to electric and I'm going with the park 160 by E-flite and a HK 10 cell setup. Should be awesome!!!

Marc 540[8D]