Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Tufflight Enduro

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 10:46 PM
mouraneto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tufflight Enduro

Hello Floks

I want to scratch build a Tufflight enduro but unfortunatelly all I got so far is the pic of the plane from their site along with the basic dimentions of the plane. I was wondering if any of you could get me the location of the CG on the plane, the airfoil, the wing chord (either wing tips and center) and as much information as I can get.
It would be great to get a file containing the plans for the enduro, if anyone has it, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks a lot
Old 08-06-2003, 02:53 AM
JohnnyAlm
My Feedback: (2)

Default Tufflight Enduro

I have a Tufflight Enduro. The CG is 10 5/8" from the trailing edge hinge line. The plans come as a very complete 25 page book but there is no airfoil drawing. It is not real thick, maybe 1-1 1/2'. A servo will span the full thickness. Nothing close to my Knife. The chord by my measurement is 15.5" at the center and 9" at the wing tip from the hinge line. The ailerons are 1.5" so all of the above measurements need to be increased by that amount if measuring from the back lf the wing. The wing span is 56 inches. Elevator throw should not exceed 3/16" initally or it will snap, spin and crash. You will use this fact to your advantage when you get to know the plane.

I don't know if you have seen how these are made but it is built from very unusual materials, EPP foam, 2 different thicknesses plexiglass spars, breadboard engine mounts, wire and glued together with Shoe Goo and M-77 and hot glue. Making it from other materials will make it much less crash worthy. I would recommend you buy the kit, it is great and inexpensive. The instruction book is almost worth the price of the kit. It includes everything you need except glue and covering. The plans are very well thought out and easy to follow. A lot of the construction techniques contribute to it's crash worthiness. This is a plane that you can crash hard and you will only break 2 nylon bolts. It will be flying again in 5 minutes. I would recomend metal geared servos. I have stripped out servos 2 times on the ailerons and 3 times on the rudder, usually from a crash. Also, you need a computer radio to keep it under control. It likes to fly fast. I use a Super Tigre .45 without a pipe or mousse can and it has unlimited vertical. It is impossible to hover because it is so short coupled. Set up the elevator so the plane snaps out of loops on high rates. This allows you to do a lot of amazing spins. Props make a big difference and I can't see what size I use with the spinner on. A 12.25*3.75 is to slow for this plane. It needs to go kind of fast, maybe 11*5 or 11*6.

This is a FANTASTIC fun fly!! You can land it in a flat spin with no damage, the engine even keeps running sometimes so you can take off again. It flys knife edge and inverted with no problems Everyone who sees it fly is impressed and once they see it crash they are really impressed. If you want to learn aerobatics this is the plane to use. I try everything first with this plane and then use my Knife. It is impervious to hanger rash also. You can get an accessory kit for skis that is also great. This is my best snow plane. Rating *****, looks stupid but flys great!

Johnny Alm
Old 08-06-2003, 09:51 PM
mouraneto

Default JohnnyAlm

Thank you very much for your input. It was very helpful and there is more than enough info to scratch build it. Ill most definitelly get into building it ASAP. Ill let you know how it does afterwards.

Thanks