Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

ACAD Plans For Magic 3D???

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

ACAD Plans For Magic 3D???

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 08:33 PM
push rodz
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACAD Plans For Magic 3D???

Was wanting to scratch build a plane based on the Model Tech Magic 3D and was wondering if anyone has gone through the pain & trouble of drawing this up in AutoCAD?

I am currently using AutoCAD 2002 and can work in earlier releases.

If anyone has this started or finished I would appreciate a set of the files.
Old 08-08-2003, 03:40 AM
Nashcat
My Feedback: (1)

I fly a Magic and I use AutoCad, but I don't think it would be worth the effort to draw the Magic. I think that the going price of the ARF is around $100, shipped. I don't think I can build one for that amount after I buy all of the hardware that is in the kit. There are lots of other similar plans already available for little or no cost, and most will fly as well or better than the Magic. My main complaint is that the Magic won't knife edge.

My two cents worth,
Nashcat
Old 08-08-2003, 01:09 PM
push rodz

Yep......you've made a good point.......you can't beat the price of the Magic as it comes from the manufacturer and granted, at the cost of building and hardware costs it would be difficult to stay at the $100 that the Magic costs.

But......there are some modifications that could be made to the Magic design that (I think) would make this a bit lighter, better looking, and possibly a better plane to fly. I could be wrong about this but am willing to give it a try. As far as the cost of building a modified version of the Magic, it would be worth the extra bucks (to me) to make a good design better. And if by chance, the modifications work well then that only means that I will be in "hog heaven" and will only need to carry one plane to the field instead of 2 or 3!

Personally, the Magic is probably one of the most fun "fun fly" ARF's available even if there are some things that it doesn't do well - like knife edge. But for me, knife edge flight is not what I prefer to do all the time or even most of the time so it is not a big deal. I have more fun flying this plane than any other that I own and have seriously considered buying a couple more just to have on stand by in case mine bites the big one - which I know is gonna happen at some point. You can't fly this low and slow and this crazy and not expect the inevitable.

Besides all this - I love to build as much as I love to fly - you know what I mean? I am probably like most others - am looking for the "perfect" plane....the one that thrills like no other. What may be perfect for me might be junk to someone else and vice versa. And as far as the "style" that I like to fly - fun fly is king! We all have to consider the costs in our hobby but I think we all agree that no price is too high for that "perfect" plane. Call me crazy.....

I appreciate the response and would be interested in learning more about the other planes available at little or no cost that you mentioned....especially if they fly better than the Magic. If there are reliable plans available I would also be interested in these as well.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:23 AM
WADE
My Feedback: (19)

There was a guy on here that blew up some plans and made a big Magic, but I can't remember his name. It'd be neat to have a big Magic with a Saito 100 on it!

Wade
Old 08-12-2003, 03:53 PM
push rodz

Wade,

Yeah.......a scaled up Magic would be great!!! The bigger the plane the bigger the fun.

If you happen to think of it or run across the plans somewhere - I would appreciate a shout.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:03 PM
WADE

I'll look around for that thread and let you know if I find it.

Wade
Old 08-13-2003, 12:54 AM
_shadow_

Guys,

Is this the one?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...ighlight=Mygic

A 100" wing span Magic is in plan now...

Regards
Marcus

PS : dont bother reading the 2nd page of the thread above..
Old 08-13-2003, 01:24 AM
push rodz

Wade -
thanks for keeping an eye out. Like they say - "2 heads are better than none"......

Marcus -
I checked out the link you posted on the Mygic......pretty cool. I can only imagine the fun of flying a Magic that size - gotta be a hoot!
Call me lazy - that's why I was looking for plans already drawn. But - if I don't find any soon I'll break down and get out the ole yardstick and do some measuring. You have inspired me to get off my rear end and get busy - thanks.
Old 08-13-2003, 02:49 AM
WADE

Originally posted by mchandrasegran
Guys,

Is this the one?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...ighlight=Mygic

A 100" wing span Magic is in plan now...

Regards
Marcus

PS : dont bother reading the 2nd page of the thread above.
Marcus,
Yeah, you're the guy with the plane I was talking about. You made it easy for me since I didn't have to look for your thread. Give us any info you can.

Wadee
Old 08-18-2003, 09:47 AM
AirBorne_AZ
My Feedback: (1)

Gentlemen,

I found a thread in the rc combat forum for SPADS that talks about the dimensions of Magic 3D. I believe this this thread carries a sketch of magic aswell. Not a Cad drawing though, but I believe its a good starting point.

If some one draws the plans in Cad, I would also be interested in an eloctronic copy of it (if you are you are kind enough to share).

Here is the link to the thread.

http://www.rccombat.com/forum_2000/t...rchTerms=magic

Hope this helps.