Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

first profile

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 03:56 AM
ifly04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first profile

I flew my first profile tonight and am hooked. I bought the cg extreme 330 and had it in the air 2 days later i love it. this is my first funfly plane so I do not have much to compare it to but it rocks. With the evolution .46 and APC 11.5x4 prop vertical is unlimited. I can only hope my next profile flys like this one only question is omp or knife ?????? could not be more happy with this plane for the price or time involved it is great. I was so comfortable with it on the first flight that i was trying to get it to harrier.... I still have a long way to go but am loving every minute.

Brandon
Old 08-14-2003, 04:19 AM
777M8

Default first profile

Congratulations Brandon! Ah yes the first time it is a time to remember. Seems like only yesterday I was flying my first Top Cap in front of the old Farts and after I had landed I could hear the Old Farts behind me say ( You know once he finally gets that thing trimmed out it will probably fly a nice pattern ) enjoy it Bro.

B Bill
Old 08-14-2003, 05:49 AM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Default Grasshopper-

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with but a single step. er -- I mean harrier!"

Congrats!
Old 08-14-2003, 10:34 AM
Hacker

Default first profile

Bran,
i don't have any experience with the OMP...but i love my Knife (kit) ...keep burning fuel!
Old 08-14-2003, 12:44 PM
BUCKETOBOLTS
My Feedback: (1)

Default first profile

If you don't mind alittle building the OMP will be great. Love mine but for an ARF you can't beat the ol' Knife. Just remember that a kit built plane ussually ends up lighter and flies much better.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:08 PM
ifly04

Default first profile

it is true that the stock landing gear are trash. Does anyone have know of any cf gear that will work for this plane. My first nice soft landing bent the gear bad not the harder bouncier ones kinda odd. thanks for your suggestions i think the omp will be the one to go with because I like to build.
Old 08-14-2003, 02:17 PM
Texas 3D
My Feedback: (16)

Default Re: first profile

Originally posted by ifly04
....With the evolution .46 and APC 11.5x4 prop vertical is unlimited.....Brandon
never ever dreamed that this engine has that much power ! At what throttle setting will it hold a hover ?
Old 08-14-2003, 05:43 PM
ifly04

Default first profile

I managed to hold my first hover today this plane does it great. I had the throtle at a little under half and still had plenty of pull out tho most of the time it was a fall out before I had a chance to pull out.
does any one have any expeirence with a harrier with this plane my seems to wing rock something terriable any suggestions.

Brandon
Old 08-14-2003, 06:49 PM
Texas 3D
My Feedback: (16)

Default first profile

dial in some spoilerons (up elevator up ailerons on a switch). I would suggest a 30% mix to start out and then adjust from there. That normally helps with wing rocking.

Great to hear that the evolution is such a strong enine.
Old 08-14-2003, 08:05 PM
tetherite

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default first profile

There's a thread on the Mfg'r Announcement forum for alternative gear.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...76&forumid=134
Rayy
Old 08-15-2003, 03:39 AM
BotleRocketWar

Default first profile

I've flown a students Avistar with that Evolution engine...I don't think it's too far off from a Pro .46. Not the most powerful in it's class like they claim, but it's not short on power.