Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

funtanas 40 arf

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 07:17 AM
dimeadozen
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default funtanas 40 arf

anyone flown this plane? Looking at the pics I'm wondering if the wings bolt on. between the gp ucando3d 40 and this one, which would you go with. thanx
Old 09-12-2003, 08:02 AM
CarolinaCrasher

Default RE: funtanas 40 arf

I have flown a friends Funtana before and it flies very well. It acts like a larger pane in that it is much smoother in the air than most 40 size planes. It also slows down well. It is an all around good flying plane. I haven't ever flown the UCD 40, but I have heard that they are nowhere near as nice as the UCD 60.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:31 AM
stdun

I really like mine but haven't had the chance to wring it out yet. There are lots of previous threads on the Funtana S, check them out.
Old 09-12-2003, 08:49 PM
flytime56

hobbitsaun , i got the arf a few days ago and it is very well built. the wing came already in one piece, and it bolts to the bottom of the fuse via one nylon bolt. i must say that hanger 9 uses good wood in this one, very satisfied with the quality, and the way it is build, covered. the weight is also very good one this plane, and vey rigid.
i have had great plane arfs before, and was not satisfied with the quality of the wood they use, was low density and not strong enough for my liking.

the only thing i do not like is the wheels is came with, they say they are light weight, but foam wheels would be better. also, depending if you use a two stroke engine or not, you will have to make room for the muffler into the fuse or use an extension.

other then that and what i have heard of the way it flies, it should be a great plane.

can't wait to go hit the fields and have a ball.

GB