Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Always looking for new and fun events for monthly club fun flys

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Always looking for new and fun events for monthly club fun flys

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 06:48 PM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Always looking for new and fun events for monthly club fun flys

Hi All, as the event coordinator for my club I am always looking for new events for our monthly fun fly. looking for ideas here.

some of the best ones we have had:

1st event of the day: Take off, 5 left 360° turns followed by 5 right 360° turns. the last event of the day was a repeat of the first one, and pilots had to get as close as possible to their first round time,

Take off and do as many loops as possible in under a minute and land, the rule being that you had to land in under a minute and pilots are not allowed to use a timer, they have to guess their time as they go. as long as they land under a minute, their score is the number of loops they do.

any event that involves touch and goes, you really see the competitive side of the contestants come through

having a taxi element around cones on the runway before takeoff adds challenge

having contestants roll dice to find out how many loops or rolls they have to do in the air can level the playing field between trainers and profiles.

a time and glide event is always fun, especially if there is a time bonus for landing on the runway and there is some wind. 30 seconds is about the right amount for the powered time portion.

more ideas?
I would like to get to 40 events or so so I can make cards that can be drawn before the funfly starts.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:58 PM
H5606

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

I'm linking what I found out while CD'ing a club fun-fly some time ago.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/club...l#post12261195