Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Engine right thrust

Old 11-26-2018, 06:23 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Engine right thrust

Is adding engine right thrust really necessary when setting up a profile model or just set the engine at 0.0 degrees and go fly.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:15 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never bothered with sidethrust on any of the slabs I flew.
Old 11-30-2018, 05:35 AM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Me neither. I just go fly. Then again my profiles have always been "slammers" used to practice 3D. I focus on getting the CG to something close that works for me, then go fly. I've never really tried to do a real nice setup like I might on a scale plane. -Al
Old 11-30-2018, 04:27 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ahicks
Me neither. I just go fly. Then again my profiles have always been "slammers" used to practice 3D. I focus on getting the CG to something close that works for me, then go fly. I've never really tried to do a real nice setup like I might on a scale plane. -Al
Thanks guys.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:39 AM
H5606

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

Neither did I - engine was bolted flat against the right side of the fuselage, flown for years, and is actually - dare I say it - to the right of center which should give even more left (worse) thrust:

The question drove me crazy though because I remembered a rather simple and ingenious idea using no thrust angles from the pattern guys' forums but couldn't remember what the name of the airplane was.
Offsetting to the left of center serves the same purpose as a right thrust angle on this design which I think could easily be implemented on a slab...

Found it - Yoshioka Aladdin - thrust line is offset to the left but parallel to the center line.

Wondering if mounting the engine from the "top" of the engine's lugs would be feasible on a profile fuse cut-out.

Last edited by H5606; 12-08-2018 at 11:49 AM. Reason: wordiness