Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Ultracote lite

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 06:51 PM
Big_3Dan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultracote lite

Hey guys!

today i went to my LHS and bought a roll of trans violet Ultracote lite. I'm not really sure if this is the same stuff used for light electric planes but it was the only trans vilet they had so i went with it. I'm covering an OMP Edge 540 with it..It does look quite strong but i'm not sure if will work like it should with a .46 airplane...Any you guys have used this covering before???

Dan
Old 11-23-2003, 07:44 PM
Dewey2
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: Ultracote lite

its plenty strong theres some guy on here that has the orange and it looks tric
Old 11-23-2003, 08:27 PM
TERMAGATOR
My Feedback: (2)

PR...not sure but they may mean that its litetrans violet,,,they have anothe trans violet too, that is darker....G
Old 11-23-2003, 08:36 PM
cropdusterdave

I use the ultracote lite on my smaller planes. Really lightweight stuff and probably strong enough for your 40 size. Not as "bang" resistant but the weight savings are worth it. Don't mistake it for regular transparent film.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:41 PM
Big_3Dan

Thanks for the replies guys! G I thought about that too but since i bought one roll of white monokote and one of violet i felt quite a difference in weight so it could mean both things I sure like the way it looks! I was thinking bout a FedEx theme he he he what do you think Memphis guys!? I guess depending on where you live in Memphis you could relate to that! he he

Dan
Old 11-23-2003, 10:54 PM
dhauch

Yes, the light weight stuff only comes in transparent, white,violet, and yellow.
They make other transparent, but there not as light as the ones I listed.

I use it all the time in sailplanes, reall easy to work with.
DAve Hauch
Old 11-24-2003, 12:06 AM
TERMAGATOR

ORIGINAL: PR_supersports

I was thinking bout a FedEx theme he he he what do you think Memphis guys!? I guess depending on where you live in Memphis you could relate to that! he he

Dan
Thats right Dan...FED-EX is BIG here in Pro Bro City....I think you should do it,,,,,FED-EX scheme on a profile....The box hauler that 3D's
Old 11-24-2003, 08:35 AM
martyg
My Feedback: (42)

Since we have a thread going on covering here...
Hobby Lobby is pushing "Low-Temperature Oracover": [link=http://www.hobby-lobby.com/oracover.htm]Link[/link]

I know for the most case Oracover == Ultracote.
But they say this new stuff is not the same as old Oracover.
Has anyone tried this stuff? Is it any good? Price is right...
Old 12-06-2003, 04:27 PM
Pilot 01

Hello Marty,
yes you are right: ULTRACOTE = ORACOVER. But the HOBBY LOBBY "LOW TEMERATURE ORACOVER" is a fraud. They are calling a product, which has NOT been manufactured by the ORACOVER people, ORACOVER. The real ORACOVER is being produced by the leading covering manufacturer in this industry: LANITZ-PRENA FOLIEN FACTORY GmbH in GERMANY (that factory produces 24 hours a day, from Monday till Saturday). The real ORACOVER is worldwide patented and is known for its quality and performance. HOBBY LOBBY just tries to make some profit out of the high reputation of the real ORACOVER by deceiving consumers with their covering, calling it ORACOVER, too. To get all the information about the real ORACOVER, you can visit the ORACOVER homepage: http://www.ORACOVER.biz
In this homepage, you will also find the technical data of all ORACOVER products, such as strength, shrinkage, weight, ... . The German factory also produces covering which is approved up to 4.18 supersonic speed to be used for military application and for civil aviation. If you have any questions about ULTRACOTE / ORACOVER, you can send them an e-mail. They are the covering professionals and they are able to answer all covering questions.

Best regards,

Pilot 01