Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Ultimate FF

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2002, 02:25 AM
tbzep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultimate FF

I finally got around to finishing my Ultimate FF last week. I woke up Saturday to very gusty winds, but I packed up for the field anyway. I haven't flown any all year so I threw the Zagi up to knock some rust off. The wind threw the Zagi every which way and gave me a good refresher course.

The Ultimate flew well, and seemed a lot more responsive than my Fazer or Somethin' Extra, even at low rates. I don't know if it was me, the linkage, the wind, or a combination of all, but it was very quick to respond to control imputs.

I landed about a half dozen times, each being an adventure in the gusty wind. I didn't bounce it, but got a wingtip close to the ground once or twice. I did a few lazy loops and rolls and a snap or three then packed it up for home. The gusty wind was just too much for me to fly a brand new plane.

Tim

Pics are here:
http://personal.mem.bellsouth.net/me.../RC/index.html
Old 05-14-2002, 06:06 AM
Tuomo

Default Ultimate FF

Ultimate FF in not for the windy weather. however, when properly trimmed, it is nice show off plane in calm weather.
Old 05-16-2002, 11:35 PM
Misanthro
My Feedback: (1)

Default Ultimate FF

I love my Ultimate, but I have the same problem(if you want to call it that) as you. The plane is very responsive at low rates, and lacking a computer radio, I can't control the throws. But I wouldn't trade it for anything.