Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Morris Pen Knife

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 01:46 PM
Bruce Rolfe
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Morris Pen Knife

Guys,
I recently picked up a Morris Pen Knife. I have a K&B 40 w/ pipe to put on it. I think this should make it go like hell. Does anyone have the proper CG for this plane. also what are any problems or good points on it. any info would be great.
Bruce
Old 02-04-2004, 10:51 PM
Constrictor
My Feedback: (46)

Default RE: Morris Pen Knife

I have mine balanced at 1/2" behind the spar. Mine has an os .32sx and its way overpowered!
Old 02-05-2004, 08:38 PM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

[&o]Forget the 40, had a 40 MVVS on mine, made it balance but it was not a lot of fun, a real handfull. You could never relax with it one moment, it was not a good match and no fun. Use a Good 30+- type that will pull with authority. Mine needs some repair now and a smaller engine that matches it, not a 40....been there done that. (Ran out of fuel on approch and it ceased flying from the extra weight)
Old 02-06-2004, 11:23 PM
Bruce Rolfe
My Feedback: (37)

Hey Gizmo,
What part of ID are you in?
Bruce
Old 02-07-2004, 07:59 PM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

Between Spirit Lake and Athol, about 20 mi. N. of Coeur D' Alene. I belong to the Farragut Flyers out by Bayview.
BTW my name is Bruce also.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:24 AM
crashawk

I had a super tigre .40 on mine, flew great but it did try to get ahead of you if you didn't watch out. it was the first plane I could hover with and it did great harriers all the way to a slow touch down on the runway. the tail surfaces seemed a little weak so I sheeted mine with 1/32, helped a lot and the etra weight of the bigger engine helped balance it out. I don't fly it any more, don't put the tank in the wing like they recomend, mine leaked and soaked the whole wing and the covering wont stick anymore.[] stick with a low pitch prop like 4, no more than 5 pitch and go up in dia to keep your revs in line. if you dead stick, keep the nose pointed DOWN and flare at the last second any where, it will slow down so much it won't hurt it, you won't make it back to the runway anyway so don't try (unless your like nose bleed hight). hope this helps.....

enjoy it.
Jason