Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

need advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 01:15 PM
ifly04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advice

I was wondering if any one would be able to help me out with a good research project for school. I wanted to do something related to r/c (just to have an excuse to fly the edge and wear the probro gear at school mostly). I am haveing a hard time coming up with a good topic though. I have thought about doing 2 stroke versus 4 stroke because most people dont even realize there is a differance (then i would get to fly two planes) i also thought about nitro vs. electric. Any help would be great
thanks
brandon
Old 03-07-2004, 03:53 PM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Default RE: need advice

How about something about aerodynamics, moments and control surface size and how they affect flight?
Old 03-07-2004, 06:56 PM
sloanfs

My daughter did one on Flat plate wings versus airfoiled wings, Vernoullis principle VS newtonian lift. She made a flat wing glider and got to fly it in school. she got an A!!!
Old 03-07-2004, 09:09 PM
matchlessaero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a kid, I did most of my science fair projects on model related stuff. You might as well have fun in school- right?

I like sloan's idea.

To piggyback off Paul's idea, you could do a project on the effect of CG on your plane. By attaching weights to the fuse, you could measure something about the flight characteristics..... such as wobble(stability) in a harrier (nasa is studying High Alpha flight too), ability to hover hands off...., stall speed....(might need a cop with a radar gun to help with that), etc.

When you get done, post your results! (whatever project you do).
Old 03-11-2004, 09:16 PM
ifly04

I decided to go with, how rc is used in the world. Of course the big one will be flying profiles. I will let you know the results of the presentation. I have to meet with the princepal about flying at school. good thing the president of our club is also my drafting teach so I will have some support. I am lucky enough to have pres who dosn't mind thinks 3d is the safest way to go hehe
thanks for your ideas
brandon