Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Tornado? Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2002, 03:38 AM
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tornado? Anyone?

Hey
I was watching the videos on the HSRCM web page, and i saw the trick I want to learn Bad.

How do you do that Tornado?

Also Anyone From HSRCM what is the Diff between the long and the Short Kit? I think I may have an Idea but I want to see what you say.
BTW I Want That Sledge 540 BAD!

Later
Chris
Old 07-05-2002, 04:36 AM
My Feedback: (45)

Default Tornado? Anyone?

The short kit has just the plans and laser cut parts... you supply the hardware and the sticks and sheeting to finish it out...
Old 07-05-2002, 11:58 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default Short Kit

HSRCM short kits, at least ours, includes the laser cut parts, full scale plans, and a fully illustration construction manual. You still have to purchase the misc. wood and the hardware. There is a full list of the misc. wood that you need to complete the kit which is listed in the construction manual and on our website. There are also suggested hardware.
Hope that this helps you out! Let me know if you need any additional information.
Kevin
Old 07-06-2002, 04:23 AM

Default Tornado? Anyone?

Cool thanks My next kit will be from you guys.

Now how about that tornado?

Later
Chris

PS Its KILLING ME
Old 07-06-2002, 08:57 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Default Tornado? Anyone?

Chris, I'm building the Aeron right now and it's an easy to build!
I've spent less then $15 bucks in wood.

I've also bought some Krazylegs, profile landing gear made of crash proof glass filled nylon for $5 bucks a pr. You can bend and twist them and they spring back to shape.

You can get them at TETHERI TE out of Texas with fast delivery. their phone no. is 281-488-3993.

Well worth the money!

Don
Old 07-06-2002, 01:05 PM

Default Krazy-Legs & Tornado

DonH - Does this outfit that makes the Krazylegs have a website? I'd like to see what they look like. I've never heard of them?

How to do the Tornado - First realize that there are very few aircraft that perform this manuver, ecspecially out of a flat spin and to be able to perfrom the Climbing Tornado.
There are a couple of ways to enter a Tornado from a flat spin. The easiest is from the inverted flat spin. First go into an inverted flat spin from an outside snap with the sticks to the top inside corners. Cross the ailerons as you normally would for your inverted flat spin. Get the aircraft to maintain altitude in the inverted flat spin. Then tranision (overcross the ailerons) and add power. This will drop the tail and make the aircraft spin faster. Then gentle come out of the rudder until the aircraft starts climbing. You can change the rate of climb with the rudder and ailerons input once it is in the Tornado. You can perform the Tornado in the same fashion by starting from an outside tumble in the same fashion as mentioned above.
Doing a Tornado from an upright flat spin is not as easily accmplished. You have to stall the tail to get it to drop. Once the tail drops, it is accomplished the same way. I am still playing with the upright Tornado. What you see on our movies is an inverted Tornado. The only difference between an upright and an inverted Tornado is the orientation of the aircraft

Hope that this helps you out!
Kevin
Old 07-06-2002, 01:30 PM

Default Tornado? Anyone?

Cool
Now I Have something to work on today.

Ill let you know if I can pull one of with the TOPCAP.
Yep The Aeron is what I am going to get.

How much are those KrazyLeggs? I may need a set for my plane. Damn elevator landings are ruff on the stock gear.

Later
Chris
Old 07-06-2002, 03:04 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Default Tornado? Anyone?

Kevin,
They don't have a website. I happen to find it in RC Report mag. You did a great job on the kit and the inst. I can see the fuse is going to be strong and very rigid. The wing went together fast and sweet! I'm about 4-5 hrs in to it now. I'm not a fast builder.

Chris,
The Krazy Legs are $5dollars a pr. they are made to replace the the Morris landing gear.

I ordered 4 sets and the shipping was a little over $3dollars.
A couple of buddys already talked me out of 2 pr. I'm keeping the last 2pr.

They look kind of greenish, like the glow in the dark toys.

Don
Old 07-06-2002, 03:10 PM

Default Tornado? Anyone?

That Cheep!

Im Going Get Me Some

Later
Chris
Old 07-07-2002, 10:07 PM

Default Don

Thanks - Don. As you can tell, I spend a great deal of time in the development of the construction manuals and the engineering of our designs. I like them strong, light, and very very aerobatic.
I was out flying yesterday and had my son take some new movies for me flying. As soon as I can find the time to review and edit them, I'll post some new ones on my website. I believe that he go some good ones of climbing Tornados. I am hoping that with the scatter clouds in the background, you'll be able to see the climb.
Kevin