Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

what games can i play with a friend?

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

what games can i play with a friend?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 09:58 AM
csisfun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what games can i play with a friend?

OK, i finally come to this stage where I am almossssst solo, just need a little more practise on some techniques. I was wondering, after I go solo, what can i do in the air with a mate? Both of us fly the same trainer.
Old 07-08-2003, 01:08 PM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

If you are willing to build a new airplane every so often you can play chicken. We had two pilots with airplanes that were almost ready for the scrap heap so they went up to deliberately try for a head on mid-air. It took them over thirty attempts to make contact. Of course you have to have a few spare models around if you want to do this more than once. It is, however, quite spectacular and if you do it without telling the other pilot there will be an awful row to follow. I notice that you specify this is to be with a friend. He'd better be a really good friend.
Old 07-08-2003, 01:11 PM
ballgunner

Another way is to tie long strips of crepe paper or another light material to trail behind your models. You can attempt to cut the other modelers ribbon with your prop. This too can lead to spectacular mid air stuff.
Old 07-09-2003, 01:23 AM
csisfun

The second idea sounds fun, but heh, the first idea? I only have 1 plane and noooo money. Now how do I do that? LOL
Old 07-09-2003, 09:30 AM
FHHuber
Banned

You can play follow the leader. The better pilot leads and you try to keep your (best if similar design and power) airplane appx 50 ft behind, doing the same maneuvers in the same place. (good practice for you both [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )

You can take turns attempting to perform given tasks (hmm sounds like a fun-fly competition for 2 people...)

It takes a minimum of 2 people for one to be practicing Pattern aerobatics. (preparing for precision aerobatics competition) The pilot simply can't judge his own performance properly without help. Better to have a couple of people watching (4 or 5 don't hurt)... then you get more input on how to make things smoother.

You can work with each other on all kinds of different things.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:58 AM
southern_touch99

just spray a big 'ol circle in the middle of the runway and have a spot landing contest. The one to land in the circle the most times within 2 min. wins
Old 07-10-2003, 09:11 AM
FHHuber
Banned

Oh.. the bounce-n-go contest eh? for beginners... thats a good way to break things. Need more landing practice before that one.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:50 PM
ballgunner

Anopther type of fun fly is the Limbo. Put up two poles, one on each side of the runway. Stretch some crepe paper or equally soft material between them at a given height and fly under it. Progressively lower the strip until it's too low to fly under. Touch and go's not allowed.
Old 09-04-2003, 03:19 AM
guitarob16

Me and one guy that I fly with like to fly in formation sometimes. it looks pretty good when you can get them to fly steady with eachother. ofcourse at least one of you must be a fairly experienced pilot incase the other gets too close. If your both beginers, I would do it farther apart first until you guys get better. Me and this guy come in fast, low, and close in formation sometimes and it looks and sounds cool. just be careful.

-Rob