Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

First Profile!!!!!!

Old 07-16-2004, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Profile!!!!!!

OK all you profile Guru's,
I have flown several types of planes(GP Giles, Cap, 4*40 and what I have been playing with most lately-Funtana) Had a few people tell me how great profiles are so I just ordered the EF Edge. For now I am taking the Tower .46 out of the 4* along with the 3004's to put in it. Ordered a 225 for throttle on Chris's recomendation and an APC 12x4.
What can I expect? Being small and stumpy I would think they would be more twitchy compared to (dare I say) regular planes.
If all goes well should know by next weekend. Then maybe I will know what all the ProBro fuss is about. Hate being left in the cold. LOL
Has anyone tried a Tower 46 on one of these light profiles?
Thanks to all,
Eric
Old 07-16-2004, 09:09 PM
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: First Profile!!!!!!

I hear good things about the Tower engines. I predict that you will have a blast! Don't try to go overboard on the throws right off the bat, dial them up as you get used to how it flys. Just go out and wring it out, you'll see what the profile is all about.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:16 PM

I was thinking of 3 rates on one switch like on my funtana. Would that be good ?
Better get the funtana repaired before the edge gets here. LOL
Old 07-16-2004, 10:01 PM

you could set it up just like your funtana with the spoilerons and flaperons and triple rates, have a blast
Old 07-16-2004, 11:06 PM

Slyder, If your Tower motor Throttles good....... Some do some dont. It will do great on your EF540.
Man, Your gonna love this plane!!!!
Wheres North Vernon? I live in Anderson.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:39 AM

Spastic,
I tried spoilerons but did not care for them. That was just another switch to constantly flip. All those switches on the 9c and I only like to use a couple. Think I will go with the tripple rates.

Dave,
15 miles east of Seymour or the same southeast of Columbus. I see you are near Muncie. Get to the nats much? Was hoping to go this weekend to see the scale aerobatics but not going to make it.

Cant wait to get it. JWilliams and a few others have told me it is much more stable in harriers than the funtana. The funtana is not to bad but with the saito 91 on it to me it is kind of tricky because it is darn near at idle to do it.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:49 AM

Slyder, I'm actually getting ready to leave for the nats. Sorry to hear you cant make it.
The EF harriers great. Almost as good as the sledge. My EF used to hover like at 3 clicks above idle till I put some expo in the throttle, much easier to fly now......BTW it's got a Saito 100 in it
Old 07-18-2004, 11:40 PM
My Feedback: (23)

i'm also thinking about an EF edge. i have an o.s. 46 fx that i can use plus the radio equipment. i have some APC 12x4 props and i'll probably get a tower muffler. what do ya'll think?
Old 07-18-2004, 11:48 PM

BTW the tower .46 is an awesome motor IF you seal it up. Those little red gaskets leak badly. If you want a blow by blow deal on making them run nice then PM me and when I get a little more time I'll tell ya what I learned.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:45 PM

Well justed finished repairing the funtana today and the edge showed up also.
Hoping for rain so I can get it together. Who am I kidding- raining or not it will be together in a couple days.
Everything looks good and in order. Cant wait to see how it flies.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:29 PM

Just wanted to let you all know that I flew it this weekend. I now see what the hype is about these profiles. This thing is a blast! We had 15 plus winds but had a ball with it until Sun. First flight of the day went great and then landed. Had full up to taxi back and while turning it around it tipped over to its wing snapped the counter balance and folded it up under the ele. Easy fix but endedit for the day.
Was leary about the tower 46. I had this engine in my 4* and never could get it to run just right. On the edge it ran like a raped ape. Just goes to show what tank position can do to an engine. In the 4* the tank is low to the carb.
Now I am thinking of which one I will get next.
Have a good one,
Eric
Old 07-26-2004, 01:23 PM
My Feedback: (5)

What does a "raped ape" mean, is that like a "Candy Apple", or more of a "sour lemon"??????????????
Old 07-26-2004, 02:22 PM

It ran great. No sags, hesitations or coughs, just as smooth as can be.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:32 PM
My Feedback: (4)

anyone have any experience wiyh a Lanier Pro-Trister? I an starting to build one.
john.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:20 AM
My Feedback: (6)

Actually the pro twister is not bad. A guy I know flew the heck out of one and he could do quite a bit with it in the 3D arena. Jeff W.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:38 PM
My Feedback: (4)

do you know what size of an engine he had in it? any other info would be appreciated.
john
Old 11-04-2004, 07:43 PM
My Feedback: (6)

ive been thinking about one of the profiles, maybe i should go with a trainer to train on but these things look like so much fun!!!
Old 11-05-2004, 12:13 PM
My Feedback: (18)

Sarges, they are a blast. I love my profile it snaps, spins, rolls as fast as lightning.

By your post it makes me thing that you are not already flying. A profile is definetly not a plane to learn on. They are way to agile. Most profiles are generally good 3rd planes after a trainer and then a mild acrobat like the 4*.

But once you have some experience under your belt you will definetly want at least one profile if your hangar!