Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Ultimate Profile KIT?

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Ultimate Profile KIT?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 02:14 AM
Spacey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ultimate Profile KIT?

ORIGINAL: Tram

Spacey-

Well, I'm running a 2208/34 on my Shocky, so does that mean I'm OBLIGATED to put the YS on the 65incher?
Well...uhmmmm.....lets see.......you know....yeah...
LOL Tram if you can swing don't hesitate.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:18 AM
Spacey

ORIGINAL: wagas
You obviously do not know me that well...I am not an ARF person [:'(] (unless someone gives me one) But I too, months ago wished and expressed to OMP that they would kit this first but was told that it was going to be cheaper for OMP to ARF it!

...a while back there was a lot of question why OMP was going to ARF this airplane first before it became a kit if it even would be come a kit! Glad to see OMP producing this as a KIT! hats off again OMP! I'll have to add this one to my wish list!
Ahh yes I remember that. We actually had a dedicated thread running on the ARF and kit debate ey? Glad it turned to our favour! Hehe I don't like ARFs anymore at all but hey sometimes to just kick back in after a bad day an ARF does become invited. But if I can avoid it I will as far as possible.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:29 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Hey Wagas, yes I listened and I am totally committed to kits. I may have lapsed for a while but rest assured OMP will continue to manufacturer the best quality kits I can design. ARFs will come eventually for sure.

I've been very happy with the MDS .68 combo on this plane and this just proves that the plane will perform with a decent 60 size motor. I intentioanally designed this size bipe to target the decent 60 to 90 size motors as well as the popular .91 4 strokes out there. If you look at the specs of most 60 and 90 size two strokes you will learn that they are virtually, if not completely, identical. For example the OS .91 is exactly the same case, dimensions, and weight, as the OS .61. This is true of many .91 engines so it begs the question why design a plane for a .60 motor if you can use the power of a 90 for the same weight and size. My biplane is designed to take advantage of this power and still be light enough to fly very well with a .60 motor for the average sport flier.

Both wings come off as well as the cabanes for easy transport. A must tool to have in your field box is a 4-40 ball driver (for hex head cap bolts) to quickly remove and install the screws in the cabanes though!

Mike Pilkenton
OMP Engineer
Old 11-15-2004, 10:55 AM
wagas

ORIGINAL: AFSalmon

Hey Wagas, yes I listened and I am totally committed to kits. I may have lapsed for a while but rest assured OMP will continue to manufacturer the best quality kits I can design. ARFs will come eventually for sure.
Thanks Mike, you the man.....Hey while your here I started the pair of Hybrids this past weekend. Got the fuse about done on one and started on other parts as well. Since somebody is reviewing here on RCUniverse I've started a review of it over at the Bro's website....

Can't wait to see how the bipe does....It's amazing you can use the MDS 68 and perform as well as it does. I would have for sure thought it would have required a bigger engine...Must be real light...Cool!
Old 11-16-2004, 07:39 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Wagas, you are quite the builder doing two Hybrids at once. By the way some really sad news: My awesome Hybrid with the smoke system had some kind of battery or radio failure last weekend. Needless to say it was totalled. This was the beautiful flame job covering that John McNees did and the plane in most of the OMP ads. I'm still in mourning but I'll build another one over the winter.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:50 AM
Spacey

[X(] That is really sad news Mike. I also loved that bird. Mmmmm do you have to wait till winter? Can't imagine you without a Hybrid. Just doesn't seem right.