Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Passion 3D CG

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 10:47 PM
Torqued-Up
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passion 3D CG

Just finishing a CMP Passion 3D and have a question about what CG everyone is using...

The manual says to use the range of 90mm - 110mm from the leading edge, which is roughly right on the wing spar... 110mm translates to about 4 3/8" from the LE... Mine is tail-heavy and balances at 6 3/8" from the LE dry...

I started adding weight to the firewall to try and get it to balance and stopped at 10oz... With 10oz of lead on the nose it still balances at 5 1/2" from the LE... The AUW of the airplane without weight is 5 lbs, 12oz... It seems pretty whacky to have to add another pound of ballast to get it to come close to the manual's recommendations...

Anybody have experience with this airframe and what it a reasonable CG without have to carry a boat anchor around for ballast???
Old 03-25-2005, 11:20 PM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Passion 3D CG

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_12...tm.htm#1209858

Here is a link to a thread with a little info on the Passion. Looks like yours is not the only one that came out tail heavy. Can you move your battery forward?

Eric
Old 03-26-2005, 09:24 AM
Torqued-Up

Thanks depfife...

I found all the "Passion 3D" threads prior to posting my question... A few have stated that their CG was WAY back, but never said what they did about it...

I'm fairly new to the 3D thing and I'm a little uncomfortable with putting a new airplane in the air that balances 2" behind the where the manufacturer recommends furthermost aft CG position should be...

Old 03-27-2005, 11:58 AM
Torqued-Up

Come on guys...

Is no one flying one of these???

Old 03-27-2005, 12:29 PM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might have better luck finding someone with this plane in the 3D forum. Most of the discussions in The Fun Fly/Profile forum are about profile planes. So much so that the name of this forum was recently changed. The fun fly part was dropped and now this forum is titled Profile Planes.

I will be glad to move this to the 3D forum if you want to see if someone there is flying the Passion.

Eric
Old 03-27-2005, 01:39 PM
Torqued-Up

Thanks again depfife...

I posted the same question over in the 3D forum and haven't received a response there either...

I think I'll contact one of the importers and see if I can get a response from one of them...

Mark