Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
model/engine question >

model/engine question

Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

model/engine question

Old 10-14-2002, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default model/engine question

Hello
I have a Majestic (kiosho) and I was thinking to use a magnum 91 4 stroke or an os 91 4 stroke whit this model, in order to be able to do tork roll and other extreme acro without power problems.
But I don't know if it is too much because the suggested engine is a 52 4 stroke.
I'd like to know what you think about it, and some suggestions.

Thanks Leader22
Old 10-14-2002, 05:16 PM
My Feedback: (16)

I think a 91 will be overkill. It is only a 30-40 size 2 stroke, and looks like it sits pretty low on the front, so you might are going to have prop clearance problems. The nose weight with the 91 might also be a problem. IMO at 5.5 lbs a Saito 72 will be a great combo for this bird. Just my $0.02 since I don't own one and am just looking at the specs.
Old 10-14-2002, 06:56 PM
My Feedback: (3)

I am with Texas 3D on this one, I had a Rossi .53 on my Top Cap and switched to the Saito .72 with a 14x4W APC and it will hover at 1/4 throttle and has very even power. The Saito didn't even add any more weight. IMHO this would be the perfect power for the model you are looking at. I love Rossi's on a fast mover but on a funfly I am sold on the .72 Saito.