Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
(TOP) Tournament of Profiles >

(TOP) Tournament of Profiles

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

(TOP) Tournament of Profiles

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 12:16 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (TOP) Tournament of Profiles

I dont know about anyone else but I would would rather finish 2nd or 3rd in the top class then finish first in the lower class......

Just my .02
Old 10-23-2002, 12:19 AM
My Feedback: (6)

Chad, you are correct. Without going to an invitation only thing we will have to go with the honor system. If someone did that, they would have their name absolutely trashed here on RCU so I hope they could live with that.
I have been barraged with emails from people offering help. Here is what we can start on. We need a board to decide stuff. Lets get that done first. Between now and the end of the month lets vote on who you guys want on it. It will be write in candidate right now. I think 5 member board should be enough. I am a contest director with the AMA so I can get it sanctioned. Right now I will start the nominations,
I nominate Wayne Geffon to be on the board. Ok your guys turn. Jeff Williams
Old 10-23-2002, 01:01 AM
My Feedback: (28)

I nominate Mike "Gator" Smith and "Billy Hell" to be on the board.
Old 10-23-2002, 01:25 AM
My Feedback: (5)

i nominate jeff williams
Old 10-23-2002, 01:27 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Thanks Jeff. I appreciate the nod.
Old 10-23-2002, 01:34 AM
My Feedback: (33)

Default nominee

since Jpmorgan started the thing and hes a good guy i nominate
Jpmorgan. and i also nominate Jeff williams.
Old 10-23-2002, 03:02 AM

I second all the nominations.
Old 10-23-2002, 03:40 AM
My Feedback: (1)

No B.S. here I've always given respect to my instinct. I'd like to nominate (or vote for) Wayne G, Billy Hell, and Gator. No offense to any other, these guys just seem to be on the same wavelength as me. I do not feel integrity is an issue either. Let's get this done before we lose momentum. I agree on the honor system, if a "class" or experience level system is in place. If we choose a difficulty rating system, I feel that will work too, or maybe a combination of the two. I'm a a Profile Brother, but I think that this should NEVER be a Profile Brotherhood contest (maybe one day sponsored by...), so lets seek various officials and judges. Please, let's continue to avoid the politics of winning. Maybe some rule regarding a length of term on the board and a limit on consecutive years of service to judging. I'd hate to see this as a "fly this or else" party too. This is a FUN FLY (Meaning fun to fly at a minimum) event, right? My involvement may be limited, but I'll do anything I can. I don't care if that means sell soda. I'd like to be there.
Old 10-23-2002, 01:01 PM
My Feedback: (12)

Default nominations........

We are getting ahead of ourselves a little bit on the nominations.

This contest will be upcoming this next year. "TOP" 2003

DATE of Event: I say we shoot for sometime in September or August.
The rules, events and regulations will be the easy part. Let's don't sweat that part. We will make it a Fun Event. The "TOP" winner could be anybody.

If anybody has a problem with Jeff Williams being an Associate Director let him speak now or forever hold his peace.

Perry
Old 10-23-2002, 01:27 PM
My Feedback: (2)

I'm happy to be nominated but my experience is limited to flying in a sod farm on Sundays. The PRO BRO funly was my first official event ever.
I can add value to this buy creating a web site, using my online marketing skills to get the word out and creating a logo and any graphics needed.
I think the sponsors I could bring to the table have been covered but I'll talk to a local company here in Nashville and see if they want to be represented.
Old 10-23-2002, 01:31 PM

Default my vision

I'll let you guys in on an extension of my vision here with the "TOP"

I believe this event will Spark the Evolution of Profiles!
Perry
Old 10-23-2002, 01:47 PM

Default Thanks Billy

I'm sure we can all benefit from your helping hand and any sponsors that you can sign on.
Let's see a Logo for the "TOP"!
Perry
Old 10-23-2002, 02:50 PM
My Feedback: (45)

I'm good to go with the appointment of Jeff as the Associate Directory... I think he's got the interests of the group in mind.

I know your wanting to hold off on the nominations, but I'd sure like to see Gator on the board as well......
Old 10-23-2002, 03:11 PM

Default Field for TOP 2003

Guys,

I was not able to make it to the Brotherhood Fly In, looks like I missed a good time even with the rain.

I run the fun flys at my field in St Charles, IL, (this is a suburb on the west side of Chicago). We may be able to host the event also. We have paved runways and room to camp. The other nice thing is we have Chicago for the wifes to go play.

The picture is during our one of our Gaint Scale flyins.

Just offering

Ken Massett
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	31959_4412.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	19395  
Old 10-23-2002, 09:41 PM

Sorry, but now was the first time I could get back online. Associate Director, I assume that JP you have tackled the director position? It was your idea and I certainly do not have a problem with that. Just need to know where we are all standing.
But for right now, JP Morgan are you director? I think that we should fill that spot if you are not already? If you have and have appointed me associate director then we have two spots filled. If Director is open I will throw my name in the pot for endorsement. Thanks, Jeff Williams [email protected]
Old 10-23-2002, 10:49 PM

Default "TOP" Board

Originally posted by JWilliams
Associate Director, I assume that JP you have tackled the director position? It was your idea and I certainly do not have a problem with that. Just need to know where we are all standing.
Thanks, Jeff Williams [email protected]
Jeff,
Thank you for taking on the position ( Associate Director) for the "TOP" Board of Directors. Your help is what we need to get this off the ground and to keep it flying. Folks if you have never met Jeff, I would have to say that he glows like a 110 watt bulb!
We have quite a bit of work to do and the "TOP" can certainly benefit from a dedicated person such as yourself. I am positive that you will fill the position well.
...and yes I shall be the first Director for the "TOP". Even if you are not on the "TOP" Board does not in any way mean that you cannot make an impact on the newly founded "TOP".
Perry
Old 10-23-2002, 11:10 PM
My Feedback: (11)

I have attended the St. Charles facility that tipstall is talking about, and it is first rate, you would not be disappointed in having a contest there.
Old 10-23-2002, 11:22 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default that said...

What about the events ? What would we TRY to do ? Doug
Old 10-23-2002, 11:47 PM

Perry, thanks and look forward to working with you. I strongly recommend Toby Silhavy for the other associate director position. Toby runs IMAC contests, float flys and is the designer of the PH3D from the old Aces 1. Very experienced and easy to work with, so I hope that all of you will accept and endorse Toby. Thanks to all who trust me. Jeff Williams
Old 10-24-2002, 12:10 AM

Default Re: that said...

Originally posted by mclaughlin
What about the events ? What would we TRY to do ? Doug
Now theres Doug,
Our local friend! He's the one that was sick at the First Annual PBH Fun Fly, and caused us to go home early. I would have scuffed him up a bit if he was riding with me! nah, he's usually a great friend to be around. If he wasn't sick he would have showed up a few folks! Doug hardly ever crashes.
Now about that question: The main objective is to have FUN. I would truly hate to see the TOP go to the Pro's. My vision of the TOP is for the ordinary flier. Anybody could win.
The events will be worked up by the viewers like yourself.

Let's secure a location for the First "TOP". This may take a few weeks but I'm working on a really BIG one that I'm sure will be beneficial to the future of our endeavors.
Perry
Old 10-24-2002, 02:25 AM
My Feedback: (33)

Default Doug hardly ever crashes !!!

nah he dont but when he does it is expensive!!!!!!

sorry Doud just could'nt resist
Old 10-24-2002, 10:05 AM

Default site

tipstall,
That's a great looking site!
I wish we had one here at home. You keep us reminded if we forget that you have offered such a wonderfull site.
Perry
Old 10-24-2002, 11:36 AM

Old 10-24-2002, 01:41 PM

I think Gator would be good to have on the board. Jeff W.
Old 10-24-2002, 04:41 PM

I think events should be stationary hover top facing and belly facing extra points for tail tapping hand launches and catches. Harrier up right and inverted the length of the runway. Elevator to land in a circle in the runway Climbing flat spins up right and inverted. Consecutive torque rolls. Just a few thoughts. KCFlyBoy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.