Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Su-Do-Khoi .40 ARF

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 08:45 PM
Balsageek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Su-Do-Khoi .40 ARF

Well how about this arf? Is it well built and does it come ready to hover? Also the Saito .72? Good choice or too big? (is that possible)
Old 01-08-2002, 10:12 PM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

The Saito .72 is a perfect engine for this thing. Especially, if you want to do 3D.

I would be cautious about the ARF version. I had one one and it was horrible.
*pull pull cables very hard to thread due to glue in the fuse.
*Crooked fuse.
*2 left ailerons in the kit.
*hardly any sanding done prior to covering

If you can build one do that. If you have to have an ARF just be aware. Mine flew pretty bad due to the crooked fuse.
Old 06-17-2002, 04:13 AM
ProfileNut

Default Wow - not my experience!

Cripes - did you get a dud.

I LOVE my sudo.

Needs a Rossi 45 or better. Overpower it with aggression - it's tough. (Anyone tried four snaps on downline at full power with a Rossi? - not many things will take that)

Will hover on quarter stick and climb with authority. So easy to hover it's scary - you just have to get into the dirt with it.

The ARF quality was very high. Everything went together easily and there isn't a whole lot to it. Worth every second of my time - it is still my favourite hovering machine.

I wrote my only ever thankyou letter to an ARF manufacturer for this one. What an awesome machine.

ProfileNut.
Old 06-28-2002, 04:52 PM
TERMAGATOR
My Feedback: (2)

I had one that had some rib damage on one wing panel, also the pull pull ele was a little stiff, not sure why,elevator movement was somewhat restricted, but ele was still VERY effective. Flew great withan irvine 46. ....Gator
Old 06-28-2002, 05:29 PM
jsonin
My Feedback: (4)

Default Love it...

I bought a Sudokoi ARF 3 months ago and it was an easy and quick build. The wings and fuse were straight, the pull-pull was silky, and the general construction was good. The initial batch of ARFs from Morris were not so hot. The Sudokoi ARF is a great 3D machine even with an OS 46 FX (which I'm currently using). It's also durable... quite durable. I've nosed it in full-throttle inverted on a low pass and only cracked one of the ply engine mounts.. and I've crashed it several times without much damage at all.

I even bought a second Sudokoi ARF... great fun, fantastic fliers. We've got some basic video footage here:

http://archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Cyberia...c_sudokoi.html

-Juhan
Old 07-05-2002, 12:50 PM
TERMAGATOR
My Feedback: (2)

juhan
what does your sudokhoi weigh? I had one a couple months back sold it , dont remember weighing it?....Gator