Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

It flew My Yak flew !!!!!!! Woooooohooooooo

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

It flew My Yak flew !!!!!!! Woooooohooooooo

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 08:36 PM
fasterthanlife
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It flew My Yak flew !!!!!!! Woooooohooooooo

Wow after a very long ARF Build Thread. The Yak Flew!!!!!

On the madien flight on the third pass I had it in a knife edge 30 feet up with my hand off the right stick. Schweet!

The Hovers are outrageously stable. Its NutZ! The first thing I said after the madien was that if I busted the Yak today I was ordering another one from the feild.

Even w/ the 180 and 7 ounces of weight it floats like a aloon on the water. Ohhh EEEEEEEe Man am I pumped.

If anyones on the fence about this plane. Buy IT!!!! then fly it. I'll accept your thank-you after the maiden

OMP I think I deserve maybe a discount since I think I just moved 5 more Yaks for you.

Pics to follow

One more thing. Everything was great, one question. The front wing hold-down tabs are loose. CA or E-Poxy? Also the 180's shaking the h*** out of this thing any preliminary precautions?

Thanks for making such a Schweet plane.

OMP Rocks!!!!!
Old 08-21-2005, 09:24 PM
IowaSilvia
My Feedback: (97)

Default RE: It flew My Yak flew !!!!!!! Woooooohooooooo

Bout time you get it done. JK

I would epoxy the tabs in with 30min. stuff. CA just likes to crack again and again as it is brittle.

Mine shakes good with my YS120 also. Just make sure your blade is balanced.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:26 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Sounds great ... never had a doubt. I've seen vids with Saito 1.8 on 80" plane, but never 65" love to see some vertical stuff if you ever get around to it.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:25 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Yep, always use epoxy for high stress or vibration areas. Don't know what to say about the 180 vibration except for teh normal "prop balance", etc. I saw a cool tip from Brian Cooper of Cooper fuels of actually using a slightly out of balance prop rotated such that the heavy blade was apposing the piston stroke or something to that effect. He mentioned rotating the prop about 4 degrees at a time until you find the sweet spot for counterbalancing the compression strokes. Makes a lot of sense actually.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:24 PM
fasterthanlife

Thanks guys thats what I was thinking, while I have the time I might as well use 30-Min b/c it is a major stress area.

STL- Vertical is wicked.

Right now we have the engine tuned kinda rich because its not been run too much, like after half throttle nothing changes between mid and full. I made a low pass and popped a wall and hit it....... Lost orientation in 5 seconds flat.... no lie. I can't imagine what would happen leaned out on 30%!!!!

I'll get pictures later on, even though its not anything yall'v never seen before
Old 08-22-2005, 11:10 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

I think I am getting the idea...

EVERYTHING OMP MAKES> FLIES GREAT! I do not own any OMP stuff and I do not work for them or thing but man, come on!

Maybe I can buy something out of my next bonus check-

Congrats on the flat-Yak!

James
Old 08-23-2005, 07:05 AM
AFSalmon

Thanks James, we try real hard. Our big difference is that we actually fly A LOT ourselves so we know how they are supposed to fly.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:07 PM
fasterthanlife

I just had a though, on my wing theres a oh so slight gap in the middle, I shaved some of the wing saddle on the right side already. Could this be what pulkled my tabs loose? I'm thinking the wings not sinking flush and the screwes are pulling the tabs loose when they tighten? Should I just E-Poxy it and fly it or what?

Thanks

I'm starting the patrol for local canefeild headlands so i can fly this beas during the week!

Peace!
Old 08-23-2005, 10:29 PM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You think your build took a long time. [&o]

Work has been interfering with my building time, so my Yak is still waiting on an engine and electronics. Hopefully things will slow down some and I can finish up and get mine in the air. It is good to hear that you are enjoying yours.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:02 AM
AFSalmon

Not sure I understand the "shaving the right side" but nevertheless, if your wing tabs have come loose then use epoxy to glue back down. I'll admit I have used CA at the field just bc its quick and convenient but ca is definately brittle for high vibration and stress environments.