Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

kangke geebee 50 3d?

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

kangke geebee 50 3d?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 08:44 PM
P3RIPPERFW
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kangke geebee 50 3d?

my last topic i screwed the topic up so here it is again:

Is anyone flying the GeeBee 50 3D from kangke models? If so what kind of set ups are yall running as far as engine and props go? How well does this plane fly 3d? I have an os 46 ax to put in this plane and figured at 3-4 pounds it would be be plenty of motor for it. Its such a strange looking plane and alot different looking than the other profiles i figured it would be a fun plane to have at the field.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:47 PM
P3RIPPERFW

Default RE: kangke geebee 50 3d?

nobody has one of these? where are the guys with these planes in the covering post?
Old 11-03-2005, 04:59 PM
Buz_Bo
My Feedback: (1)

I got one and here is my setup

2-hs225mg elevator and rudder
2-hs225bb ailerons
1=hs81mg throtle
OS50sx
Standard 7channel reciever

This is a great 3d plane. It will hover and torque roll with no problem. FLat spin inverted or upright as good as I've seen. It came out to 3lb 13oz and I had to put 2 1/2 OZ. of weight on the tail. the only bad trait it has it's like a rock if the motor quits. I purposely ran it out of fuel the other day to see how it would dead stick and all I can say is you better point it at the ground a flare a the last moment or you'll have a harder landing than you want. If I bought another one I would install an OS32sx and this would help the rock problem and still give the plane plenty of power. With my os50sx 1/4 throttle is hovering. I bought the plane on a lark just to see how it flew and I was quit happy. I have many profile planes and this is one of the best flying. (slege, omp540,sukoui, Extreme flight 540) My vote is buy it you like it and so will others at your field

Old 11-04-2005, 08:09 PM
P3RIPPERFW

hey thanks alot for the reply...just the info i was looking for.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:29 PM
SAL98
My Feedback: (6)

I plan on picking one up this month at the next swap meet. Kangke will be there so I might catch a deal.

If you would like to see this plane in action just check these out.

This is the 90 size
http://www.hokusei-japan.com/kmademo-dekagb-1.wmv

This is the smaller .50 size
http://www.hokusei-japan.com/2003sp-akira-gbfair.wmv

http://www.hokusei-kobe.co.jp/ikecha...geebee40-c.htm
Old 11-07-2005, 02:04 PM
P3RIPPERFW

thats awesome ive been wanting to see that thing fly. looks great. so is that the manufacturer for kangke models? Im wondering if a .52 size for stroke would be good for this plane?
Old 11-07-2005, 04:58 PM
SAL98

Just got back from kangke today. I took a look at the GeeBee and also the pro fly 3d which is an electric fun fly.

Know I see why Buz bo stated that it lands like a brick. He has a .50 size motor on this thing. I know they state that it's a .50 size airplane but from past experience I would beg to differ. This plane does'nt look any bigger than my extreme flight mini 3d which I flew with a norvel .25 at 2 1/2 pounds. In fact the mini 3d is only 56 sq in less than the geebee and almost 10 inches longer.Not to mention the mini ailerons and elevators are way bigger. If Buz bo plane is running almost 4 pounds then that's the reason why.

Since it is roughly the same size as the Extreme flight, I think 139.00 is a little overkill. My extreme flight could do it all and more with my light norvel up front, So i Know the killer combo on this plane would be the a os 32. I also ran Hitec hs 81 on my mini 3d and never strip a gear in flight, this would lead me to believe that the GeeBee could run the same setup as well and love it.

I just total my mini 3d yesterday when a clevis on the elevator let go while diving straight down for a parachute. So know I might try picking one of these up and swapping out the gear. If I do I will post the weight difference and performance.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:22 PM
P3RIPPERFW

awesome keep us posted on the plane!

ORIGINAL: SAL98

Just got back from kangke today. I took a look at the GeeBee and also the pro fly 3d which is an electric fun fly.

Know I see why Buz bo stated that it lands like a brick. He has a .50 size motor on this thing. I know they state that it's a .50 size airplane but from past experience I would beg to differ. This plane does'nt look any bigger than my extreme flight mini 3d which I flew with a norvel .25 at 2 1/2 pounds. In fact the mini 3d is only 56 sq in less than the geebee and almost 10 inches longer.Not to mention the mini ailerons and elevators are way bigger. If Buz bo plane is running almost 4 pounds then that's the reason why.

Since it is roughly the same size as the Extreme flight, I think 139.00 is a little overkill. My extreme flight could do it all and more with my light norvel up front, So i Know the killer combo on this plane would be the a os 32. I also ran Hitec hs 81 on my mini 3d and never strip a gear in flight, this would lead me to believe that the GeeBee could run the same setup as well and love it.

I just total my mini 3d yesterday when a clevis on the elevator let go while diving straight down for a parachute. So know I might try picking one of these up and swapping out the gear. If I do I will post the weight difference and performance.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:16 PM
SAL98

I've had my Kangke GeeBee for some time know and I must Say it's the best flying plane at the field hands down. Precision flying is amazing for a profile with such a short wingspan and fuse length. And the rudder authority is so strong and precise it makes hovering a cinch with super low knife edge pasess into huge knife edge loops a piece of cake.
I can't say enough about this little sleeper of a plane by Kangke industries. I will try to shoot some video soon as I was able to borrow a family members digital camera this week.