Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

65" yak kit VS 67" Fusion Kit

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

65" yak kit VS 67" Fusion Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 01:31 AM
scolpit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 65" yak kit VS 67" Fusion Kit

Hi. Im gonna buy my first 3D plane kit. I have a Supertigre 90 engine, now i just have to choose: yak? or fusion? I have to admit... i never flown 3D for real before, but i have lots of hours on AFPD. I really enjoy big planes flight charateristics like the extra 330 on AFPD. I want a stable plane, with no surprises (specially on hovers and harriers)....

Please, tell me pros and cons about both planes. Tks.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:43 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: 65" yak kit VS 67" Fusion Kit

The lines of the planes should tell their own stories. If your wanting something for pure 3D and super stability then the 65" Yak is for you. If you want to widen the envelope with freestyle and pattern then the Fusion F3D is for you. The 65" Yak is more stable then the Fusion, but not by a whole lot. You'll have fun with either one but they are 2 totally different animals. There really aren't any pros and cons on either, it's personal choice on flying style. But I can tell you that lots of people are telling us that they need no other plane then the Fusion because it's the do it all airplane. The Fusion is also closer to the Extra on AFPD. But again if freestyle is not your thing and you just want to 3D only get the 65" Yak.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:07 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

I forgot to mention that both the Fusion and 65" Yak are both available for AFP and AFPD. They both fly really close to the real thing. That should answer your questions.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:33 AM
SMALLFLY-
My Feedback: (19)

I have had them both and I really like my fusion but it is not a beginners 3d bird. The thin wing is much more agile but also requires you be a little bit more "on" the sticks when it gets stalled. The 65" yak doesnt snap as well obviously " not a 3d manuever anyway" but it is a much better beginning 3d platform IMO. About the only drawback to the 65" yak is it's upright harrier, I have flown many of them and most of them have a pretty good wing rock ( I know mine did) in upright harriers until you get the nose real high on it, but slow knife edge is about as good as it gets. IMO the "most stable" 3d platform for the beginner is the 60 size mojo. There is no bad 3D side to this plane anywhere and it is as easy as it gets to do inverted harriers with.