Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

The need for a Bipe to Build

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

The need for a Bipe to Build

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 11:40 AM
JAkridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The need for a Bipe to Build

Since the Boxxer looks to be a unseen date for re-kitting, How about the OMP Ultimate 10-300??. I really was looking forward to the Boxxer build but It's going to be the Ultimate for now.

How about some pictures to getting me fired up and give me covering & building ideas.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:50 PM
matchlessaero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The need for a Bipe to Build

JPK, the Boxxer should make the date posted on the OMP site for being available. I spoke with the part cutter last week, and all is progressing well to get another batch of kits done.

Old 11-06-2005, 08:03 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

How about some pictures to getting me fired up and give me covering & building ideas.
Have you seen this review?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=524
Old 11-06-2005, 08:12 PM
JAkridge

That would be great matchless, I'm a little while away from going bonkers for a new build, I still have a large float project to finish also. Just want to be prepared .
Did you do any mod's or is it the same as your first ??
I'll wait if it's a month or so. I like the Boxxer size and engine requirement...

Dion...I sure did, Spacey always builds a awesome rig. The Boxxer size (OS 50SX) is really what I'm looking for. But then again.............
Old 11-07-2005, 03:51 AM
Spacey

ORIGINAL: JuzPlaneKrazy1
Dion...I sure did, Spacey always builds a awesome rig. The Boxxer size (OS 50SX) is really what I'm looking for. But then again.............
Uhmmm...well I don't know about awesome but they do all fly?

Now for comparing the Ultimate and the Boxxer I don't know if it's quite a fair one. Nothing against the Boxxer but if I had to choose between the two I will definitely take the Ultimate. I like the Boxxer but the grace and stability of the Ultimate is simply amazing. I do think alot of it is because of the size difference between the two. The Boxxer flies well for its size but I still can't get mine to do it all. Knife edge and so on it does very well but so does the Ultimate. The Ultimate is better at flat spins IMHO and the fact that it can do inverted, upright and rolling harriers seals it for me. Also the Ultimate's kit is designed a little better too. I like all the laser cutting that's been done on it and like I said in the review the fact that the Ultimate's control surfaces and feathers only took me 40 minutes to build made the kit a real joy. Final assembly on the Ulti was easier too. Much easier truthfully.

Now to be fair the Boxxer was an easy build and it flies well for sure! But I would rather take another Ultimate if I lost both and had to pick one. Good luck on the decision though! You won't be dissapointed with either one you choose.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:31 PM
geebob
My Feedback: (3)

Sending in a couple pics of my 10-300 in the bare bones. I was planning on this being a winter project but it went together so quickly I'm gonna have to build something else this winter LOL I've honestly been working on it an hour or so a few evenings and in two weeks I'm ready to start covering

[img][/img][img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57404.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	350903   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr56261.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	350904  
Old 11-09-2005, 08:59 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Comparing the two is easy. The Boxxer is by for the most superior 40 size bipe bar none. And that includes any regular fatty out there. Believe me, we've seen them all fly and nothing compares to teh Boxxer in that size. Same can be said for teh Ultimate as compared to 60-90 size bipes. Both are extremely capable airframes which can 3d better than anything in their class. So really it boils down to what size you want 40 size or 90 size. If you want 40 size, the Boxxer is WELL worth the short wait.