Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Minus Funfly

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 09:39 PM
joeyc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Minus Funfly

Just purchased a Minus kit and started looking things over. Only thing really different from other profiles is the lack of hatches. What happens if you need to get to the radio equipment? Any comments would be appreciated.

Regards.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:51 PM
BadBoy__MadMikey

Default RE: Minus Funfly

whats a minus kit?? never heard of it of them, is there a web site where i can check them out>??

Mike
Old 11-10-2005, 11:30 PM
joeyc

Its a competition funfly plane. There's some information on [link]http://www.ncffafunfly.com[/link] It's similar to the Menace which is on Paul Swany's website.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:48 PM
lemmerjo

Is anybody currently flying one of these... I have one in a box and was wondering what to do with it, I bought it off a guy a few years back, never built it. Are they good for 3D? if so what motor are you running?

Thanks, Joe
Old 01-15-2007, 05:59 PM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: lemmerjo

Is anybody currently flying one of these... I have one in a box and was wondering what to do with it, I bought it off a guy a few years back, never built it. Are they good for 3D? if so what motor are you running?

Thanks, Joe
They are not really meant for 3D but are fairly good at it. They are great slow flying acrobats. They are fragile however and I find my self flying my .91 powered U-Can-Do .46 much like I did the Menace and with them if I crunch it I buy another.

They fly well with .32 size motors and have a lot of wing for the weight. Yest the servos are mounted in the wings with only the servo shaft sticking out to put a horn on. I hate to say it but you build it an when it crashes you worry about removing the servos.

The predecessor of the Minus was the Menace and that was based on a Stick It.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:09 PM
joeyc

I have a TT Pro 36 in mine with a zinger 11x4. As stated it really isn't a 3D plane but will do some. It is a competition funfly, so it is more for timed touch and goes, loops, landing on small areas, etc. Mine is still in one piece. They aren't as tough as other profiles, but can take some abuse. You do not want to fly it fast. In all it is a fun plane and a good change from my other profiles.

Not sure if the menace is the predecessor of the minus. From what I have read they look the similar, but are from different designers and have different characteristics.

Regards. Joe
Old 01-19-2007, 10:08 PM
Oh Yeah!!

I'm looking to get a Fun Fly plane. Not sure which one to get. I was looking at the Super Smith Special and came across the Minus, Menace and the Menace Plus. They look interesting and everyone keeps referring as the Minus, Menace and Menace Plus as being much better flying planes with the same characteristics as the Stick-it and SSSpecial. Other than the slow flying aerobatics(loops,spins,fast rolls)... do the Minus, Menace and Menace Plus do Knife edges?(due to the extra fuselage building) and what other things, besides hovering, can they do that the Stick-it and SSSpecial can't?? Which one or ones do you like better and why??

also;
Where and how do I get one?
Need specs too?
Thanks