Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

U-can-do 46 with TT pro .61?

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

U-can-do 46 with TT pro .61?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 02:07 PM
hooliganflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U-can-do 46 with TT pro .61?

Hi everyone, I have a thunder tiger pro .61 engine laying around and I was thinking of buying a U-can-do 46 from great planes, would I be able to use this engine on the U-can-do? would it not be overpowered and/or overweight? how would it perform vertically?

PS: I am into serious 3D flying

Regards

Darren
Old 11-12-2005, 03:47 PM
IowaSilvia
My Feedback: (97)

Default RE: U-can-do 46 with TT pro .61?

ORIGINAL: hooliganflyer

Hi everyone, I have a thunder tiger pro .61 engine laying around and I was thinking of buying a U-can-do 46 from great planes, would I be able to use this engine on the U-can-do? would it not be overpowered and/or overweight? how would it perform vertically?

PS: I am into serious 3D flying

Regards

Darren
If you are serious about 3D flying, then why are you thinking about buying a UCANTDO 46?????????
I would suggest you look at a Mojo 60 or Kat 70 for that engine. Then you can 3D and have fun.
The mojo 60 is an awesome plane for that engine and Paul designed it around a 60size 2 stroke.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:25 PM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It would work great on the U Can Do, I had a ST .75 on my first one before I put the Saito .91 on it, It'll be great...
Old 11-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

I have a ST 90 on mine and enjoy every bit of flying it!!!!! It does kinda jerk it around if you are a little quick on the throttle(15x4 apc wide blade). The 61 will work well no doubt....Go for it!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2005, 06:54 AM
hooliganflyer

Will there be any danger of ripping the firewall out? will it need to be reinforced?

Regards

Darren
Old 11-13-2005, 09:39 AM
rclement
My Feedback: (1)

Darren, I second what Iowasilvia said. The UCD is a good plane for beginning 3D but any of the profiles will out perform it. I don't know if you have looked at the UCD 46 thread over in the 3D section but most of the flyers on that thread are using larger 4 stroke engines for the UCD 46. The Saito 82 through 100 are about the best set up especially for pullout power for hovering and other low level stunts. It's not too likely that the firewall will need to be reinforced for that motor but the landing gear block is a must. Any kind of non-perfect landing will rip it out. I have some pictures of how I reinforced mine. It allows you access to the whole area inside the fuse and you can add some extra glue to the firewall at the same time. If you are serious about getting a UCD and want to see the pics, let me know and I can post them.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:29 PM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

So far the firewall is still holding. I agree with the landing gear issue been there done that , more than I care to discuss
I had a Magnum 91 FS on mine and the pumps/fuel flooding issue was a royal pain. The UCD tank placement is poor to say the least....to high for many engines with carbs below center line. The ST 90 works well upside down (as would the 61 and 75).
I would caution you against full power dives or too much speed with the big control surfaces. I agree there are lots of things profiles can do that the UCD cannot, but the UCD is a great flyer for most of us.