Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

WWI or Biplane profile?

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

WWI or Biplane profile?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 03:37 AM
abufletcher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WWI or Biplane profile?

Are there any WWI profile kits out there? I've always thought it might be fun to build a whole Jagdstaffel of profile Albatros DIII's with each one painted in it's own unique (scale) scheme.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:21 AM
BadBoy__MadMikey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WWI or Biplane profile?

not sure what size plne your lookin for here, but there is a company that has some ww1 bipe profiles. they are called dj aerotech. they are all electric. they are called roadkill series. all profiles!!! very good lookin planes and geat flyin!!!

Mike
Old 11-22-2005, 08:25 AM
abufletcher

Profiles I can accept. Electrics.... [:@]
Old 11-22-2005, 01:44 PM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

There are two outstanding profile bipes available now. The Boxxer is a 40 size bipe and the Ultimate is a 90 size bipe. Many profiles have been kit bashed into warbirds and it's not that hard to do actually. Basically leave most everything the same except for changing the outline of the fuse as needed. Both the Boxxer and the Ultimate could be modified this way although the bigger Ultimate would be easier as it uses the foam core fuselage construction. With the foam core it's as easy as changing the outside shape and capping off with 1/8 balsa per the instructions.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:17 PM
abufletcher

What are the basic profile construction techniques for the fuse? I assume the oldest most traditional option is just to use a solid slab of 1/2" or thicker balsa (with strengthening points near the wing mountings and engine block). You mention the idea of sheeted foam. I was also wondering about a "built-up" frame covered with 1/8" balsa.

Is there anyone out there that sells stock sets of wing ribs at about a 10" cord?
Old 11-23-2005, 07:57 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Many construction techniques to choose from. But I don't know anyone who sells just ribs. Heck it's not that hard especially if your chord is going to remain constant. Just make a template and cut out a dozen at a time.