Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

I want to get back into this stuff.

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

I want to get back into this stuff.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 08:11 PM
Diver09
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to get back into this stuff.

Hi, I've been flying alot of electric 3D's for a few years and would like to go to nitro 3D. I would like it to be a .40 sized also. I don't want to spend too much money as this will be my first nitro for a long long time. Im willing to spend up to $250- $300 for the plane and everything else except for the radio since i already got a 6 channel computer radio.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:10 PM
YNOT

Default RE: I want to get back into this stuff.

Well...........good timing to get back into it. The new Mojo ARF is being released in a week or two and it about as tricky as a ARF profile is going to be. Put a decent 45-50 size 2 stroke or a 70-82 stroker on it and you got a 3D monster with the power to weight ratio as a foamy.

There is a group of us who go 3D crazy at the club field in Bay City, you should come join us one weekend.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:01 AM
novabill

PRECISION AEROBATICS BAD BOY

Find it here www.carolina3d.com
Old 12-07-2005, 04:23 PM
65 Chevy

If the arf is anything like the kit, The Mojo is a great way to go. Bad Boy is good too, but it can be fragile. Goinked my Mojo a couple of times. Picked it up dusted it off and flew again. Kanta and Burrito are really good too. 3D trainer? Morris Hobbies Knife is another great one
Old 12-07-2005, 04:25 PM
novabill

ORIGINAL: 65 Chevy

If the arf is anything like the kit, The Mojo is a great way to go. Bad Boy is good too, but it can be fragile. Goinked my Mojo a couple of times. Picked it up dusted it off and flew again. Kanta and Burrito are really good too. 3D trainer? Morris Hobbies Knife is another great one
Pull your wingtips off. Then it's as tuff as any other plane put there.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:51 PM
dhooks
My Feedback: (24)

I gotta disagree with that. The BB has a carbon rod through the leading edge of the wing an a very solid fuse. Check out my vid where it repeatedly hits the groung an cartwheels an its still in fine shape.

BTW are you going to come on your other screen name you use an post how bad it is too?
Old 12-07-2005, 06:40 PM
YNOT

ORIGINAL: novabill

Pull your wingtips off. Then it's as tuff as any other plane put there.
With the wing tips off, it should roll fast, too.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:20 PM
65 Chevy

ORIGINAL: dhooks

I gotta disagree with that. The BB has a carbon rod through the leading edge of the wing an a very solid fuse. Check out my vid where it repeatedly hits the groung an cartwheels an its still in fine shape.

BTW are you going to come on your other screen name you use an post how bad it is too?
Hey Hooks BACK OFF!
Where did I say that the Bad Boy is Bad? Did I say anything badmouthing this plane? NO! I did say that I thought is was fragile. I say this because I broke out both the elevator control horns and rudder control horns on BOTH of the Bad Boys that I have. Both were easily rebuilt and the second one is still flying. Where is all this carbon fiber you say is at the leading edge of the wing... Not in my planes. There is a Carbon fiber wing tibe, but that is not at the leading edge.

Novabill and Carolina 3D are great people. They acknowledged that there was a problem with the first plane that I was shipped. They replaced that plane at no charge. That part of my experience with the Bad Boy was great. I could not ask for any better service or better customer service. The plane flies well.

As far as I know, I am still entitled to my opinion of how the plane flies and its durability. That is my right, and not you or anybody else is going to stop me from expressing my opinion. The Bad Boy is a good plane, but there are others that are just as good or better and the other planes I mentioned do not have their rudders and elevators break in flight.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:47 PM
novabill

Hey Hooks BACK OFF!
Where did I say that the Bad Boy is Bad? Did I say anything badmouthing this plane? NO! I did say that I thought is was fragile. I say this because I broke out both the elevator control horns and rudder control horns on BOTH of the Bad Boys that I have. Both were easily rebuilt and the second one is still flying. Where is all this carbon fiber you say is at the leading edge of the wing... Not in my planes. There is a Carbon fiber wing tibe, but that is not at the leading edge.

Novabill and Carolina 3D are great people. They acknowledged that there was a problem with the first plane that I was shipped. They replaced that plane at no charge. That part of my experience with the Bad Boy was great. I could not ask for any better service or better customer service. The plane flies well.

As far as I know, I am still entitled to my opinion of how the plane flies and its durability. That is my right, and not you or anybody else is going to stop me from expressing my opinion. The Bad Boy is a good plane, but there are others that are just as good or better and the other planes I mentioned do not have their rudders and elevators break in flight.
Whoa Boys,

Lets get some things straight.

1. This is a friendly forum!!!
2. There is a CF leading edge
3. Dunno about parts and pieces flying off
4. It is true, all of the planes listed are in the top of the gene pool

Now, lets get back to having fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.carolina3d.com
Old 12-07-2005, 11:13 PM
dhooks

Hey Hooks BACK OFF!

I never said you were badmouthing, you mentioned that. What I said is I disagreed with the fragile statement.

Did you rough the carbon parts up before you put them in like was mentioned? Mine have never so much as wiggled. I used epoxy, I know of at least one person who just used CA an his held too.

There is carbon in the leading edge of the wing if you would care to disect it and see. I guess its held together enough that the carbon hasnt fallen out yet.

I agree C3d is a great company! Looking at the other thread where you switched back an forth between 65 Chevy an Boltlocker I see the problem you had was a fluke not something thats a mass defect.

Your the first person Ive heard mention stuff breaking in flight, with this being the internet Im sure they would have complained loud an long if they had. Neither have I personally heard of any coming apart.

If you reread my post nowhere did I say you werent entitled to your opion. In fact I will be the first to say your welcome to post whatever you want, on the other hand dont be surprised if some others have opions too.

Let me just say that all the planes mentioned are great planes ( no pun ) and any will fly great!

Old 12-08-2005, 12:18 AM
glowplugboy
My Feedback: (17)

Glowplugboy or Bad Boy See them both at [link=http://www.gcbmrc.com]www.gcbmrc.com[/link]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90862.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	366730   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx74238.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	366731   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej14031.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	366732  
Old 12-08-2005, 04:25 AM
P3RIPPERFW
My Feedback: (5)

Hey I bought my BAD BOY from you and your wife at the rc show in fort worth about a month ago. My dad actually came and got it for me on saturday.

Anyways about this thread....yeah i fly the bad boy and like it alot. Its my first profile but so far i have been very pleased. Havent had the wing tips break yet but did replace the stock aluminum landing gear with some omp tetherite nylon gear. Needless to say ive enjoyed it so far and it will pull vertically out of a hover using a 12.25x 3.75 prop with a os 46 ax motor. Standard servos all around and it flys like a champ. Takes a little coupling on knife edge but once you get the stick inputs figured out it will knife edge loop no problem. Very fun plane to fly and has a great hardware package as well inluding carbon push rods, carbon control horns, and even comes with a battery made to be slid fore or aft to adjust cg.

great plane

ORIGINAL: glowplugboy

Glowplugboy or Bad Boy See them both at [link=http://www.gcbmrc.com]www.gcbmrc.com[/link]
Old 12-08-2005, 05:42 AM
65 Chevy

This is the statement to which I take extreme exception. This is where I am understanding that you think that I am badmouthing this plane!

If it is any of you business, I closed that screen name and swore off RCU for about 1 week because of all of this CR@P. I rejoined because I missed the truly useful information from OTHER members. Not that that situation is any of your business, or should I owe you an explanation!

The carbon fiber control horns and the adjacent joints are not what failed. The whole balsa stick broke out about 1/2" on either side if the carbon fiber. So it had nothing to do with the control horn installation.

As to you not hearing of similar problems, you did not hear of this one until now either. I simply repaired it and moved on. Which is what I intend to do here.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:32 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

If price is what your looking for we've got some Katana's GS in stock. These are the first version GS', not the ones listed on Ebay.

$115 each. Call OMP to order as we no longer have them listed on the website.

Just an FYI.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:12 AM
novabill

Dion,

Thank you for getting this thread back on track.

Ok, add the Glow Plug Boy and the Katana V-1 to the list of excellent planes. Fact of the matter is there are just too many choices. I think you need to buy one of each. That's what I have done with the exception of the glow plug boy and I am just waiting for space in the hangar on that one.

Two years ago you would have been hard pressed to find a good performing Profile ARF, but now the choices are endless.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:43 PM
P3RIPPERFW
My Feedback: (5)

One of each........I like the way you think lol

ORIGINAL: novabill

Dion,

Thank you for getting this thread back on track.

Ok, add the Glow Plug Boy and the Katana V-1 to the list of excellent planes. Fact of the matter is there are just too many choices. I think you need to buy one of each. That's what I have done with the exception of the glow plug boy and I am just waiting for space in the hangar on that one.

Two years ago you would have been hard pressed to find a good performing Profile ARF, but now the choices are endless.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:21 PM
STLPilot

Ha poor guy prolly read this thread then removed the Profiles from his favorite list.

Guess he went back to E power planes, too much muscle flexing in this forum I guess.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:00 PM
novabill

We have to stop scaring off the new guys

Dude, we are not that bad.

Well, I think I'll go back over to the e-pattern forum and play for a while....LOL (inside joke guys) I need to find my AVITAR

Later
Old 12-08-2005, 03:08 PM
dhooks

Man lets go fly, actually if it wasnt so rainey I probably would since its my day off.

Man Im very tempted to get one of the kat 40s, nothing HAKE or invert harriers like those babys do.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:48 PM
STLPilot

I just need to move to Florida. My walls are loaded with prop and rotor strikes and it's only been cold for about 3 weeks.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:12 PM
YNOT

What's a Glow Plug Boy?

Looks kinda cheezy.

Old 12-09-2005, 04:11 AM
John Wells
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: Gymnast

Hi, I've been flying alot of electric 3D's for a few years and would like to go to nitro 3D. I would like it to be a .40 sized also. I don't want to spend too much money as this will be my first nitro for a long long time. Im willing to spend up to $250- $300 for the plane and everything else except for the radio since i already got a 6 channel computer radio.
There's a lot of good ones out there. The Mojo 40 arf (coming soon) is gonna be sweet. I've flown the Kat 40 and Bad Boy, and both are great. Buy yourself a $75.00 Thundertiger .46 and a $15.00 Tower muffler for the plane you choose, and go have a ball!

JW
Old 12-09-2005, 03:30 PM
glowplugboy

ORIGINAL: YNOT

What's a Glow Plug Boy?

Looks kinda cheezy.

Ha! Monterey Jack, or Blue? Drive up from Lake Jackson and have a look, or I can drive down there and let you fly it. Call me!
800-609-7951
Old 12-09-2005, 11:21 PM
YNOT

ORIGINAL: glowplugboy

ORIGINAL: YNOT

What's a Glow Plug Boy?

Looks kinda cheezy.

Ha! Monterey Jack, or Blue? Drive up from Lake Jackson and have a look, or I can drive down there and let you fly it. Call me!
800-609-7951
Will take you up on that offer. You fly at Bay Port?
Old 12-09-2005, 11:35 PM
glowplugboy

I fly at Gulf Coast R/C Club and Jetero. GCRC would be closed to you, and it is right off of the Beltway. Email me privately and I will give you my home phone number. We fly combat every Sunday at GCRC, and if you are available, you could visit then.
Regards,
Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.